Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Contact

Options
  • 19-11-2011 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, does anyone have a contact number for an actual Meteor person?
    My HTC Desire HD died last week and I've left it in to shop for repair under warranty. They want to charge me €35 deposit for basic phone while my phone could take up to 3 weeks to come back from repair.
    I haven't got €35 to spare and argued that the basic phone cant do all the things I'm paying €85 per month for on my contract.
    On the shop assistants advice, I rang customer care to ask for an upgrade (Im not due one till next September) and told them they could add 12 months on to my contract.
    The customer care guy told me he doesnt have the authority to ammend my contract, he didn't know who could and finished by telling me he doesn't even work for meteor as they are an outside agency.
    I left a post on Meteor's new forum that they say they read every one and nobody has contacted me. That was 5 days ago.
    I'm really upset with meteor right now and I have been a loyal customer of their's for several years now.
    Can anyone help with a number for a real meteor person please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you can't afford to stump up €35 deposit for the lend of a phone your just going to have to do without your phone for a few weeks while it's repaired. Either that or you get a lend of a phone off a friend or family, talking to someone in meteor or any other store will get you the exact same answer.
    Looking for a phone like your own from a store is unreasonable as no store lends out 4 or 5 hundred euro phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

If you can't afford to stump up €35 deposit for the lend of a phone your just going to have to do without your phone for a few weeks while it's repaired. Either that or you get a lend of a phone off a friend or family, talking to someone in meteor or any other store will get you the exact same answer.
    Looking for a phone like your own from a store is unreasonable as no store lends out 4 or 5 hundred euro phones.

Totally agree.

Deposits i thought were normally 60 euro's, but it is only a deposit, you get it back when you return it.

Also nobody is going to give you a upgrade with 10+ months left on a contract,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

I'm sorry but they are not gonna give you an early upgrade.
    with an 85 plan you may get it 3 months early or 4 if you usualy go over the €85 figure, they don't take how long you've been a costumer into account when deciding.
    Its based on how long you got left and how much you spend on average per month

finished by telling me he doesn't even work for meteor as they are an outside agency.
    Yes meteor costumer care is outsorced, its the same with all the other mobile providors and for most other businesses too for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 audreynolan

Thanks everyone for the comments. I was using an old phone which was as good if not better than what they were offering me. As it turned out, I got my own phone back yesterday - even the shop was surprised it came back so quick! So I'm delighted with that but I am not happy that, as a customer of meteor, I cannot get to talk to anyone working directly for them. Outsourcing customer care even sounds wrong don't you think?
    Also, the fact they ignored my post on their website - even though they assure you that they read every one - some customer care that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

O2 and 3 don't outsource their customer care. O2 is ran by 02 from their call centre in Limerick and 3's call centre in Mumbai is owned by the 3 group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AED

What is the point of the meteor store in liffey valley havin a contact number? Been ringing them all day to sort out picking up a new iPhone and the phone rings out, is engaged or I get a pre-recorded message.

Ironically the message tells me, that my call cannot be taken and I cannot leave a message. I have to ring back later!

Like I shouldn't be chasing them to take my money!

Advertisement