Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Demba Ba or Andy Carroll?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

How the **** could anyone vote for Carroll?
    Ba- free- 21 games- 15 goals
    Carroll- 35million- 22games- 4 goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Ba looks the much better player at the moment because Newcastle are playing to his strengths, just like the way when Andy Carroll was there.

Thats not the Liverpool way, the Liverpool style is all out passing and moving,running with the ball, etc. This does not suit Carrolls style in the slightest, he is not comfortable on his feet and is more of a target man than anything else. Liverpool's style suits Saurez and the likes of Torres, they would do well to cut their losses on Carroll and get a player similar in the mould of above two.

well the game is called football and he did cost 35m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

SlickRic wrote: »
    any answer other than this is wrong tbh.

I have to disagree. Taking money out of the equation and being asked which you would rather have at your club, I'd pick Ba every time.

Id have Jessica Alba before Andy Carroll or Djemba Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Demba Ba
    Id have Jessica Alba before Andy Carroll or Djemba Ba

No women allowed.

Man love only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Its a tough one but Ba's ability to run properly, score goals and stay upright gives him an edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Demba Ba
    Was discussing this with two of my Liverpool mates last night. I asked them would they swap Carroll for Ba and they dismissed it and said they'd never do it as Carroll will become a much better player than Ba.

I have to say that I wholly disagree and I think Carroll will be lucky to become the player Ba is now.

So if you were building a team tomorrow, who would you pick given the choice between Ba and Carroll, taking into account current ability and potential ability?

Tried not to add to this thread but what the hell...................

I doubt you were discussing this with two of your Liverpool friends lastnight as you havent got two friends.

You know if you run a poll most people will vote for Ba because of current form and you will probably get your kicks from the whole thing.

I'm off to start a thread on Torres vs Suarez ........ and I'm going sign off by using somthing that I have never used before and was sick to the death of Berba using it but................................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Liverpool fan but would pick Ba if I was convinced his knees arn't going to go sometime in the near future. Carroll's first touch is shocking considering his price tag, he has been poor and what's worse is that he looks totally disinterested.

Simply the worst piece of business Liverpool have done in my mind and I said it the day they signed him.

As for Ba only looking good this year, I doubt I was the only one impressed by him at West Ham last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

kop77 wrote: »
    Well that was a dick post!

You should have stuck to your first instinct and not bothered "adding" to the thread at all.

If you could even describe what you said as an addition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

I doubt you were discussing this with two of your Liverpool friends lastnight as you havent got two friends.

This needs work :D

You should have stuck to your first instinct and not bothered "adding" to the thread at all.

I think this post is worse than the one you describe, which was fine in my opinion and made me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The paranoia and ignorance is astonishing isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I think this post is worse than the one you describe, which was fine in my opinion and made me laugh.
    Your opinion is wrong..................in my opinion :)
    Seriously though,he should have just stuck to his idea in the first line and not posted.
    It was ranty and childish,it's a fair enough idea for a thread despite the intentions of the op considering some of the "comparison" or "is so and so done?" threads that have gone before it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Demba Ba or Fernando Torres??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

monkey9 wrote: »
    Demba Ba or Fernando Torres??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Laughing at a post which abuses the op for having no friends?? Just cause he asks a pretty standard question which made is relevant by the fact Ba replaced Carrol in a 35million switch. Not like it was just a stab at how shít he's playing for Pool! Which is fantastically shít!

You're easily amused

cambo2008 wrote: »

That sheep would be better than Andy

Laughing at a post which abuses the op for having no friends?? Just cause he asks a pretty standard question which made is relevant by the fact Ba replaced Carrol in a 35million switch. Not like it was just a stab at how shít he's playing for Pool! Which is fantastically shít!

You're easily amused

I think you're a little over sensitive. I'm sure the OP has lots of friends and won't have been too upset about Kop77's post.

The fact I found it funny suggests to me I'm a horrible, horrible person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The last time Andy Carroll looked dangerous was when he was beating his girlfriend and the police had to get involve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Its a tough one but Ba's ability to run properly, score goals and stay upright gives him an edge.

Hahahah I don't even wanna see the results, anybody who voted Carroll should be banned from the forum. Only thing Carroll has on Ba is age but sure so does Simon Cox. You can't say potential because except for a good spell in the premier league carroll hasnt done anything that any other average striker like the kevin doyles of this world havent done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Hahahah I don't even wanna see the results, anybody who voted Carroll should be banned from the forum. Only thing Carroll has on Ba is age but sure so does Simon Cox. You can't say potential because except for a good spell in the premier league carroll hasnt done anything that any other average striker like the kevin doyles of this world havent done
    This poll was put up in mid-November not after Christmas. Ba was doing his thing then but some people would understanably still not be sold on him.

Right now Ba is best but if you look long term things might change a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You know if you run a poll most people will vote for Ba because of current form and you will probably get your kicks from the whole thing.

I'm off to start a thread on Torres vs Suarez ........ and I'm going sign off by using somthing that I have never used before and was sick to the death of Berba using it but................................:rolleyes:

*Poster has a laugh at a shíte player.*

*Poster responds by calling other poster billy-no-mates.*

Sad.

(I'm aware that calling Carroll shíte is tempting fate before tomorrow but feck it...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

J. Marston wrote: »
    *Poster has a laugh at a shíte player.*

*Poster responds by calling other poster billy-no-mates.*

Sad.

(I'm aware that calling Carroll shíte is tempting fate before tomorrow but feck it...)

Have to agree. Saying a poster has no mates on an anonymous internet forum is nothing short of pathetic. The question i posed obviously hit a nerve with Kop77, his response however is incredibly embarrassing IMO.

He says and i quote "Tried not to add to this thread but what the hell"

Well IMO he should of tried a bit harder, if he did he might of kept some dignity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

J. Marston wrote: »
    Demba Ba > Jonathan Walters > A Wheelie Bin > Andy Carroll.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Demba Ba
    Have to agree. Saying a poster has no mates on an anonymous internet forum is nothing short of pathetic. The question i posed obviously hit a nerve with Kop77, his response however is incredibly embarrassing IMO.

He says and i quote "Tried not to add to this thread but what the hell"

Well IMO he should of tried a bit harder, if he did he might of kept some dignity.

The no mates thing was a joke as I obviously dont know you, I would
    have expected an answer like well my da would beat your da so if I have offeneded you then sorry about that.

The question didnt hit a nerve more the person who asked it as you seem to like stirring it on the Liverpool thread from what posts I've seen you make so that combined with a bad day in work and silly thread (imo) resulted in the post.

Advertisement