Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback before buying the Samsung 300U

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tempstuff

I am going to get Samsung 300U (around £380) or Lenovo s205 (around £350) which both seem to have similar specs. I think the price in Dabs is quite high. Have you tried other shops? I will come back here and write what I think about "the winner". Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I'm a big fan of that size screen. The dimensions of it are great. I find a lot of people reckon that a smaller laptop should be a smaller price. I reckon when you look at the like of the 8, 9 10 inch atom netbooks I can see where they're coming from, however, it's difficult to push real processing power into thin and light notebooks without hitting close to four figure sums. You're into SSD drives and the like. However, in saying that, although you could go a lot bigger in power for the same money and get a 15.6 screen (or even bigger), do you want to be lugging something like that around? I have probably the most powerful laptop money can buy. However, to bring it anywhere, it's like hooking up the caravan. At the end of the day, my best buddy is my hp mini 311c. A donkey now in today's market place but a clean install of windows and a dual boot to mint and it's just dandy for my line of work. Only my failing eyesight is stopping me from going smaller again into overpriced swanky sony Pcn series. I think what you have there is a class piece of kit. If you're taxing your car and watching movies, it's just fine. You might get a bit of lag when playing 3d games, but would you be bothered? You will sell a smaller screen like that in two years time a lot quicker than a standard size machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tempstuff

So I got it but slightly different model, 350U. I wouldn't want to say I love it or something like that. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Lappy, so far, works quite fast and its quiet. The UK version has the Intel Core I3 CPU, 4GB RAM, 640GB HDD. The screen is clear and bright. Very nice sound, comfy keyboard, its light, and thin. The 1.3MP camera produces great picture. Although there is no DVD drive it comes with recovery DVD. Would I recommend it? Yes but I would suggest to go and see a few netbooks/laptops in any available showrooms. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Thanks for the update on it. i hope you are happy with it. Get a good quality bag for it, keep your box and manuals, you should get a great price for it in two years time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kms108

it seems like different counties have different version, over in hong kong we have the i3 2357 1.3ghz version and amd e350.

I had the i3 version it was on a promotion sale and was fairly cheap, but thats not all, the laptop is also cheaply made, because it has a metal lid, it gets dinted varly easily, and the battery squeeks alot when you carry the laptop.

the 350u (12.5) version has internal battery and is thinner and better built.

Advertisement