Who do the christians??? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

07-11-2011, 23:19   #1
saintNsinnerr

Who do the christians???

Hi guys ,
I am not from Ireland , not even a Christian , orthodox etc.
I have a question about Christianity , as I was taught all the relegions are equal...I have a question based on this..
- Which relegion Christianity can best relate itself to?(nearest religion to Christianity)??
Regards,
Saint Sinner.
Advertisement
07-11-2011, 23:26   #2
PDN
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintNsinnerr View Post
Hi guys ,
I have a question about Christianity , as I was taught all the relegions are equal...I have a question based on this..
- Which relegion Christianity can best relate itself to?(nearest religion to Christianity)??
Regards,
Saint Sinner.
Christians would not believe that all religions are equal.
07-11-2011, 23:32   #3
Onesimus

No Religion equals Christianity in the sense that they deny that Christ is God. But the nearest to us who have split away would be Islam and the Jewish who believe like us in One God, they just dont accept Christ as being One God however we do share that belief in One God.

Thats it really.
Thanks from:
08-11-2011, 00:02   #4
Manach

The Abrahamic religions do share common elements, but as well they seem to share Christianity's tendancy to split into differing factions(As per "Islam : A very short introduction by M. Ruthven), I'd be personally inclined to look favourable on the respective conservative branches.
08-11-2011, 00:32   #5
saintNsinnerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDN View Post
Christians would not believe that all religions are equal.
And why so ?????
Advertisement
08-11-2011, 00:47   #6
PDN
Closed Account

Quote:
And why so ?????
Because they make mutually contradictory claims. Therefore they cannot all be true.

This leaves too possible alternatives:

a) That all religions are equally false - in which case atheism would be the only reasonable position to take.

b) That at least one religion contains more truth than others - in which case they are not all equal.
Thanks from:
08-11-2011, 00:48   #7
Onesimus

Quote:
And why so ?????
Because it's buddist philosophy to claim all religions are equal. and buddism is a philosophy not a theology that mostly appeals to the secular crowd because it has a secular message that they want to hear which is ''Everything is ok, its all alright, we are all equal and can believe in what we want as a long is it doesnt harm others.''

Anyone with a brain can see Islam and Christianity are not equal and yet respect each others religious freedom to believe in as they wish, Just as much as anyone with a brain can see that the broom and the silver spoon have nothing in common.

But it pleases Christ to see that no matter a persons religion they at least believe in some form of him or something beyond them that created them. Yet he loathes atheism, Not the atheist but but atheism itself.

He would of course be more please if we all gave him our yes and believed in him and were saved.
Thanks from:
08-11-2011, 01:13   #8
georgieporgy

Quote:
Hi guys ,
Regards,
Saint Sinner.
I see from some of your other posts you have been in Ireland a few years and live in Athlone. Welcome! You are probably from a Hindu background?

If you want to understand Christianity I suggest you find a biography of St Francis Xavier
http://www.stx-pburg.org/stx_bio.htm

http://www.jeevanjal.org/jeevanjal/rm8.html

he is buried in Goa.
08-11-2011, 09:06   #9
homer911

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgieporgy View Post
If you want to understand Christianity I suggest you find a biography of St Francis Xavier

Wouldn't a bible be better?
Advertisement
08-11-2011, 09:49   #10
Newsite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesimus View Post
Because it's buddist philosophy to claim all religions are equal. and buddism is a philosophy not a theology that mostly appeals to the secular crowd because it has a secular message that they want to hear which is ''Everything is ok, its all alright, we are all equal and can believe in what we want as a long is it doesnt harm others.''

Anyone with a brain can see Islam and Christianity are not equal and yet respect each others religious freedom to believe in as they wish, Just as much as anyone with a brain can see that the broom and the silver spoon have nothing in common.

But it pleases Christ to see that no matter a persons religion they at least believe in some form of him or something beyond them that created them. Yet he loathes atheism, Not the atheist but but atheism itself.

He would of course be more please if we all gave him our yes and believed in him and were saved.
Ya reckon..?
Thanks from:
08-11-2011, 15:08   #11
georgieporgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer911 View Post

Wouldn't a bible be better?
The best way to understand or come to know christianity is to see a christian in action. ("See how they love one another")

Seeing as Francis Xavier is known as the apostle to the Indies, it's a good place for someone from there to start.

Once converted one can then proceed to read the bible fruitfully.
08-11-2011, 16:13   #12
housetypeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesimus View Post

How can it please christ ? when it says in the bible that- Thou shalt have no other gods before me .
And does it say in the bible that he loathes atheism?
08-11-2011, 16:15   #13
PDN
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by housetypeb View Post
I don't think so - it just calls them fools.
Thanks from:
08-11-2011, 16:21   #14
yutta

Quote:
How can it please christ ? when it says in the bible that- Thou shalt have no other gods before me .
Well, if you're born into an Muslim family, you're likely to culturally become a Muslim. You are brought up to believe in Allah and hear stories about Jesus. I don't think God would send you to hell if you were taught these things and never had the opportunity to investigate Christianity for yourself. In fact, there are many overlaps between Islam and Christianity in the sense of doing good. There's no denying the fact though that there are serious grievances between the two faiths. In my life's encounters with Muslim people, I have had nothing but respect and admiration for they way they live their lives.

Quote:
There are many references to the non believers in the Bible. Sacred Scripture informs us, yes, but so does Sacred Tradition (i.e. the teachings of the church). And it is quite clear from the teachings of the church that atheists (particularly the kind of atheism as professed by people who are well educated and understand Christian teaching), are pretty much guaranteed to burn in hell.
08-11-2011, 18:25   #15
tommy2bad

Quote:
Islam and Christianity are not equal and yet respect each others religious freedom to believe in as they wish
They do??? been to Saudi lately?

Quote:
And it is quite clear from the teachings of the church that atheists (particularly the kind of atheism as professed by people who are well educated and understand Christian teaching), are pretty much guaranteed to burn in hell.
Mother of God.
Thread Closed