Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Mafia I

Options
  • 07-11-2011 5:59pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

3DxvT.png

Boards Mafia I

Introduction:
    Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.

The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not sign up to play.

Posting:
    Mod Font:
    This is mod font. It is reserved for the game moderators. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
    This is question font. Use it to ask the moderators questions about the rules. Please do us a favor and read the rules before you ask anything.

Activity:
    You must post in this thread once per day/night cycle and vote every day while you are alive. If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled.

Spam:
    Spam is not tolerated, nor is any off-topic material. Do not discuss Politics here. Do not talk about Starcraft II here. Play Mafia here.

Editing:
    Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While posting as concisely as possible is desired, simply post again if you have to edit anything.

Play to win.
    This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

Voting rules:
    1. Voting is done in this thread. Do not PM me your vote.
    2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote Deconduo. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. To change your vote, first type ##Unvote Deconduo before voting for your new choice.
    3. No conditional voting.
    4. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
    5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins.
    6. Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain.

Game-specific rules:

PMs
    PMs are not allowed in this game.

Time Cycle:
    This game will follow a 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case I am not able to post around deadline, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. Currently the deadline is 10pm, but that is subject to change.

Credits:
    Thanks to anyone who has ever hosted a game. This list grows ever longer.
    Thanks to everyone who helped balance this game.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so.

Roles:

This is a semi-open setup, while the exact number of roles present won't be revealed, any roles present will be taken from this list.

The Town

Vanilla Townie - You are a normal town player with no special powers. Your job is to use your vote wisely to ensure the mafia are defeated. You win with the Town

Detective - You are a member of the city police department tracking down the Mafia. Each night you can PM me the name of a player you wish to check. The next morning you will be told if they are Town or Mafia. You win with the Town

Doctor - You have trained in the art of medicine and healing. Each night you can PM me the name of a player you wish to save. If they are shot during the night, you will be able to save their life. They will also be told that they were saved. You win with the Town

Vigilante - You are angry with the incompetent establishment and want to take out the Mafia yourself. Each night you can PM me the name of a player you wish to kill. However you only have 2 bullets so use them wisely. You win with the Town

Veteran - You've got a handy bulletproof vest. If someone tries to shoot you it will save your life. It will only work once and doesn't stop you from getting lynched. You win with the Town

The Mafia

Mafia Goon - Your goal is to eliminate everyone else in the town. Together with your mafia team you will decide who to kill during the night. You win with the Mafia

Godfather - You are the Godfather of the Mafia. It is your job to organize your team and lead them to victory. You will also appear as Town to any detective checks. You win with the Mafia

Signups:

To signup for this game post here that you wish to play. Once there are enough players signed up I will distribute the roles and the game will begin.

For anyone who has never played a game of mafia before, you are welcome to join. It would be a good idea to read over this to get an idea how to play:

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

No one interested? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shattered Dreamer

Ah definitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

count me in, but Ive no idea how to play and I won't be around during the evenings on Friday /Sat/Sun if that's a problem?

I read the rules and ill have a read of the link after I get this lab report done.

The game is spread out over a week or two and you only need to be able to post once a day, though more is better.

The game has day cycles and night cycles. Each day is 48 hours long. During this time people will discuss who to lynch and why. Apart from voting there's no actions taken during the day, its all talking.

Night is 24 hours and this is when the mafia decide who to kill and the people with blue roles choose who to investigate/protect. There's usually less discussion at night as people are waiting for the day time to see who got killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Just came across this thread, count me in too.

Never played Mafia online before, but have played a bit with friends.

• Advertisement

Seems to be hard to get people to play, I'll see if I can generate interest on a couple of the other boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Any luck finding any other players deconduo?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

I think it would be better if players just met somewhere and play! I am up for it. I have seen some cool stuff on the internet, where people play in a hotel, restaurant or a pub. It was really good! They play it professionally, using eye covers for the Night, with cards, a moderator with a microphone. Everything! All we need is 13 people who are willing to play! Buy some drinks, snacks and enjoy the game.

How about that?:D

mantys wrote: »
    I think it would be better if players just met somewhere and play! I am up for it. I have seen some cool stuff on the internet, where people play in a hotel, restaurant or a pub. It was really good! They play it professionally, using eye covers for the Night, with cards, a moderator with a microphone. Everything! All we need is 13 people who are willing to play! Buy some drinks, snacks and enjoy the game.

How about that?:D

That would be great too, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in the games here :(

I'm going to call this off for now due to lack of interest, but I'll try to host it again sometime after Christmas. I'll be able to press-gang a few friends into joining it then :P Ideally I'd like 25-30 players for a normal game, but a mini-game will work as long as I can get at least 10-12 people to join.

If you guys would still like to play a game now, there's a massive 80+ player game starting on teamliquid tomorrow. There's a great mix of new players and veterans, so you won't be left out at all. Its a similar setup, but with a few extra roles. There's still time to signup here:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=285690

Advertisement