Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
01-11-2011, 20:59   #1
EarlERizer
Registered User
 
EarlERizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,189
The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

As the legendary "Asylum/oldskool" thread breathes it's last breath we diehard oldskool fans continue on into the unknown,bringing with us our love,our knowledge (some more than others lol) and our stories of all that went before.

Long live the oldskool , lets hope this thread can carry the flame as honourably as that which came before it.

R.I.P. "The Greatest Book Never Written" 2005 - 2011
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...hreadid=268391

EarlERizer is offline  
Advertisement
01-11-2011, 21:04   #2
EarlERizer
Registered User
 
EarlERizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,189

"OK,This is not over yet"

........... they never lost thier hardcore"

EarlERizer is offline  
01-11-2011, 21:04   #3
Scubadevils
Did I dream, you dreamed about me?
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,774
Good stuff - I've locked and stickied the other for now.
Scubadevils is offline  
Thanks from:
01-11-2011, 21:17   #4
jonnny68
Registered User
 
jonnny68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,588
Hardcore will never die

jonnny68 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
01-11-2011, 21:18   #5
es-cee
Registered User
 
es-cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,612
sad to see the asylum thread go, been a great source of banter and wind-ups for the last coupla years for myself anyway, heres to the new thread, and many more wind-ups to come
es-cee is offline  
Advertisement
01-11-2011, 21:20   #6
jonnny68
Registered User
 
jonnny68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,588
HARDCORE

jonnny68 is offline  
Thanks from:
01-11-2011, 21:22   #7
es-cee
Registered User
 
es-cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,612
2 Start the thread off with a killer mix

Carl Cox - Obsession (The Dream) 26-2-93




es-cee is offline  
Thanks from:
01-11-2011, 21:36   #8
harsea8
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 234
Well, if we're talking hardcore!
harsea8 is offline  
Thanks from:
01-11-2011, 21:43   #9
es-cee
Registered User
 
es-cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,612
some stompin oldskool techno goin on over here peeps, if any of ya's are interested in droppin by.

http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html
es-cee is offline  
Advertisement
01-11-2011, 21:54   #10
EarlERizer
Registered User
 
EarlERizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by es-cee View Post
sad to see the asylum thread go, been a great source of banter and wind-ups for the last coupla years for myself anyway, heres to the new thread, and many more wind-ups to come
I think 'Olympic bashing' should be outlawed on this thread!! lol ...........other than that ,let the wind ups commence

p.s.

while the old thread seemed to attract a predominant 'Dub' following (which was par for the course really given the title "Asylum") I hope this thread builds on a wider audience partisipation of good aul oldskool folklore and sharing of great tunes/mixes etc from bitd from all corners!

EarlERizer is offline  
(3) thanks from:
01-11-2011, 21:59   #11
es-cee
Registered User
 
es-cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlERizer View Post
I think 'Olympic bashing' should be outlawed on this thread!! lol ...........other than that ,let the wind ups commence

p.s.

while the old thread seemed to attract a predominant 'Dub' following (which was par for the course really given the title "Asylum") I hope this thread builds on a wider audience partisipation of good aul oldskool folklore and sharing of great tunes/mixes etc from bitd from all corners!

nah, said all i would care to say on that subject, everyone to their own

now back to the tunage

es-cee is offline  
Thanks from:
01-11-2011, 22:00   #12
EarlERizer
Registered User
 
EarlERizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsea8 View Post
Well, if we're talking hardcore!
Ohh we're talking hardcore n everything else Harsea ...... we're talking 'Oldskool' from Acid to House to Trance to Techno to Rave to Ragga to Hardcore to Jungle to Drum n Bass n everything inbetween!!! if it was pumped out between 88 - 98 we'll take it! (and a little room will be made for other stuff too)

nice to have ya drop by btw! plenty of room on the oldskool bus!
EarlERizer is offline  
01-11-2011, 22:02   #13
es-cee
Registered User
 
es-cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlERizer View Post
Ohh we're talking hardcore n everything else Harsea ...... we're talking 'Oldskool' from Acid to House to Trance to Techno to Rave to Ragga to Hardcore to Jungle to Drum n Bass n everything inbetween!!! if it was pumped out between 88 - 98 we'll take it! (and a little room will be made for other stuff too)

nice to have ya drop by btw! plenty of room on the oldskool bus!
what about detroit techno and chicago house? they're older than '88 G
es-cee is offline  
01-11-2011, 22:12   #14
EarlERizer
Registered User
 
EarlERizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by es-cee View Post
what about detroit techno and chicago house? they're older than '88 G
Stick to your promise of no olympic bashing and ya can have your detroit techno & chicago pizza house

Sure we'll be seeing vids n tunes posted up from as far back as the 70's & early 80's too

....... I just liked the look of '88-98' it's not a strict rule

I mean, what would we be without this ........ from 1969
EarlERizer is offline  
(2) thanks from:
01-11-2011, 22:15   #15
EarlERizer
Registered User
 
EarlERizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,189
...... and for those not on a hardcore,Jungle,DnB tip and confused by 'The Winstons' track above ....... here's your first bit of oldskool study

EarlERizer is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet