Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Buntings in Dublin

Options
  • 27-10-2011 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

HI Guys,

An opportunity for anybody in the Dublin area to see these lovely little birds. There are 3 of them at the moment in Dun Laoighre. They were reported on Monday and Tuesday on the West Pier but I was lucky enough to see them on the Easy pier yesterday afternoon. It's two winter plummage males and a juv bird. Not a rare bird in Ireland but seldom seen this far down the East coast and the fact they are so close to the city centre is an added bonus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Looked for them on Tuesday and today but no luck. Two tame Wheatears along the west pier, with several Red-throated divers present offshore today.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭stevensi

Pity you didn't get to see them. I see on Dublin Birding that one was reported in Bulloch Harbour yesterday.

Just seen that the three buntings have been reported again this time on the West Pier!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

has anyone thought of feeding them canary seed or finch mixto keep them in one area? That's what I would do.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Spotted this at Lough Boora the other day, Snow Bunting? Doesn't look like a regular Reed Bunting.

7S5D8932.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

whyulittle wrote: »
    Spotted this at Lough Boora the other day, Snow Bunting? Doesn't look like a regular Reed Bunting.

7S5D8932.jpg

Nice one - your a lucky sod if you live close to that wonderfull place:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

I'd say it's a winter plumage Reed bunting

Yes a Reed Bunting....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Thanks for that.

Advertisement