Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Pressie for 10 mth old baby boy

Options
  • 26-10-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys,

I've been trying to pick out my lil man's christmas pressie but I can't seem to find anything suitable for him.

Just wondering if anyone has any tried and tested suggestions :)

Thanks
    simsims

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hey, my little man is 10 months aswel, but he'll be one by Xmas..

Here are a couple of things I've been looking at ordering from Santa for him ;)

http://www.toys.ie/Elefun-Poppin-Park-!110987-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=c2e747f8-3b5f-4b31-8471-f40b1326e068

http://www.toys.ie/Vtech-First-Steps-Baby-Walker-!100463-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=1cbf7008-5074-4bf3-af0d-1ec3971d80f0

I'm still looking for more ideas so I'll be interested in other people's responses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

vtech first steps is a must, the best pressie i ever got mine, its fab, just perfect for that age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I am in the same situation with my almost 11 month old girl! I was thinking maybe a ball pool along the lines of this, babog bear or Something along the lines of this

We have birthday and Christmas just over 3 weeks apart :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We're the same as you Lola92. My fella will be 11 months with his first birthday a month later. They have the vtech walker in his crèche and everyone tells us not to have the same toys at home.

We also live in an apartment so we've no space for big toys.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My lad will be one on the 23rd of December.. We're going to have his party a week before though so it doesn't get overshadowed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My girl is the 1st of December so not too close but we have Nana, Grandad and Uncles birthday's and wedding anniversary in the 3 weeks before that again, so it is a bit hectic!

How Strange, we are in an apartment too so something that can tidy away neatly would be a big plus. We currently have a basket in the living room with toys and her bouncer piled high! Would much appreciate any other toy suggestions so will be keeping a close eye on this thread!

Sorry OP, slightly off topic but do people think that they are too young for the Santa's Grotto thing at Christmas time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Lola92 wrote: »
    We have birthday and Christmas just over 3 weeks apart rolleyes.gif
    All the babies in this thread are very close together. My guy will be 1 2 weeks after Christmas.
    Lola92 wrote: »
    I am in the same situation with my almost 11 month old girl! I was thinking maybe a ball pool along the lines of this, babog bear or Something along the lines of this
    I don't think a ball pool is a good idea, Liam has one in his grandparents and while he's had great fun with it over the last few months he has now figured out how to get out of it.

He's getting this trike from his grandparents. We are getting him these sound blocks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We love babóg bear:)
    My baby is 1 in January she is getting a scuttle bug bike and the vtech walker.
    Tesco has a 1/2 price toy sale at the moment and I got her a gorgeous fisher price toy think it is called "stack and surprise blocks" it was 30 euro, she absolutely loves it and her 2 year old sister loves playing with it with her.
    Duplo is another great present and also those "That's not my *****" books"

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

my little one loved this - also got a fisher price animal train and loved that too
    http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/3474138/reviews.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

great thread, my son will be one on the 7th january and was wondering what to get him for xmas too, so some great suggestions here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Hi everyone,
    Just regarding that babóg bear-I saw one last year and pressed the paws to hear what it "said" and it took me ages to work out what the words were. Now bearing in mind I didn't see that it was Irish so thought it was going to say English words but I wonder if a child, not having heard Irish (or even if they had?) would be able to make out what it was saying let alone copy it.
    Maybe it was just a faulty model but I would recommend trying it out before you buy it to see what you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

A 1 yrs old knows nothing about xmas so why waste money on a pressie ?
    I would put the money towards a car seat or something useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my little man will be 10mths old and he is getting a book and a ball. really only to appease the other 2 as they would want him to have something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Roselm wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Just regarding that babóg bear-I saw one last year and pressed the paws to hear what it "said" and it took me ages to work out what the words were. Now bearing in mind I didn't see that it was Irish so thought it was going to say English words but I wonder if a child, not having heard Irish (or even if they had?) would be able to make out what it was saying let alone copy it.
    Maybe it was just a faulty model but I would recommend trying it out before you buy it to see what you think!

You're right, I found the same with the Babog bear. My son has one and some of the words I find very difficult to make out. I had to look up some of them online :o And when you hit the rainbow it says 'Dathanna' but my son always thought it was saying 'Donna' as in one of the women who looks after him in creche and he always use to giggle that the teddy knew who Donna was :D

It's a great idea, but it could do with being a bit clearer.

For my son's first birthday we got him a bike that you can flip the bottom part around into a rocker....he got a year of great use out of it. I'm sure a 10 month old would get great use out of it too

Advertisement