Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of pb PT weanling heifers I bought

Options
  • 15-10-2011 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Couple of pb PT weanling heifers I bought. April born.

178923.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

johnpawl wrote: »

lovely couple of cattle there johnpawl, I hope they be lucky for you, one on left has a great end... Wonder what they calve like given they so muscley themselves ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

Bodacious wrote: »
    lovely couple of cattle there johnpawl, I hope they be lucky for you, one on left has a great end... Wonder what they calve like given they so muscley themselves ?

The fella I bought them off has had no section yet with any of his cattle so I'm hoping this calving ability continues!! Its a worry alright though, I'll have to make sure to have the right bull on them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Are the PB johnpawl? Lovely pair of heifers!!

Are the PB johnpawl? Lovely pair of heifers!!

Thanks, ya they PB alright, worth the 3 and a half hour drive to get them I reckon. Very quiet too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Thanks, ya they PB alright, worth the 3 and a half hour drive to get them I reckon. Very quiet too
    Funny, but you can tell they're very quite from the picture. The way their heads are down and that. Lovely looking cattle. Best of luck with them. I must try a Parth straw next year !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

At what age will you bull them nice Part heifers? and will you put a Part bull on them?

dscn0730w.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pakalasa wrote: »
    Funny, but you can tell they're very quite from the picture. The way their heads are down and that. Lovely looking cattle. Best of luck with them. I must try a Parth straw next year !!!

Thanks, I'll just stick with these two and see how they work out, won't buy any more til I see what they're like. That said I've a few BZB straws put on a few cows with the intent of keeping heifers and putting a blue on them, to see how they work out..

Bizzum wrote: »
    At what age will you bull them nice Part heifers? and will you put a Part bull on them?

Ya I'll put an easy calving Part on them, maybe "reflex" or "Bourvil" or "A ta sante" which are available from the society, only prob is you have to order in lots of ten which is far from ideal for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

The fella I bought them off has had no section yet with any of his cattle so I'm hoping this calving ability continues!! Its a worry alright though, I'll have to make sure to have the right bull on them..

I used a straw of that Sirex this year on a good muscley b/w/h lim heifer, lookin forward to that cross he is meant to be fairly easy calving. Will you use a part on them first out or an easy calving lim?

• Advertisement

I used a straw of that Sirex this year on a good muscley b/w/h lim heifer, lookin forward to that cross he is meant to be fairly easy calving. Will you use a part on them first out or an easy calving lim?

Easy calving Part straight away is the advice I got off the guy I bought them off. When'll she be calving?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Ya I'll put an easy calving Part on them, maybe "reflex" or "Bourvil" or "A ta sante" which are available from the society, only prob is you have to order in lots of ten which is far from ideal for me...

nice cattle johnpawl.

I dont know why the parthenaise socity insist on that nonsence. they are the only cattle socity that I know of that do it.
    Richilieu is giving nice calves and is easy calving too

nice cattle johnpawl.

I dont know why the parthenaise socity insist on that nonsence. they are the only cattle socity that I know of that do it.
    Richilieu is giving nice calves and is easy calving too

Was it richelieu you had on your own heifer? hard luck with that, will you hold onto her?

Advertisement