Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 month old azl calf

Options
  • 16-10-2011 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

scaled.php?server=705&filename=tmp7686q.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=822&filename=bulls006.jpg&res=medium

4 month old azl calf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

polod wrote: »
    scaled.php?server=705&filename=tmp7686q.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=822&filename=bulls006.jpg&res=medium

4 month old azl calf

Thats a grand calf out a simmental cow and its a cross I always thought could be a bit hit and miss!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

Thats a grand calf out a simmental cow and its a cross I always thought could be a bit hit and miss!!

Yeah they can have super calves or 'super' plain ones .......Im going back with the charloais on the sims cows and the b blue on the limousin
    cows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

polod wrote: »
    Yeah they can have super calves or 'super' plain ones .......Im going back with the charloais on the sims cows and the b blue on the limousin
    cows

Sounds like a good plan. Sim and Charolais cross well im my opinion!
    Nice cut of a Blue calf that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

Bizzum wrote: »
    Sounds like a good plan. Sim and Charolais cross well im my opinion!
    Nice cut of a Blue calf that.

yeah I was using nearly 100% BB but have a few to plain ones out of the sims cows ....Cheers Bizzum hope to get a good bit for him now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I had a cow calf to AZL there last week. Only 283 days gestation. Very small bull calf though. He doesn't look like much at the moment, but time will tell.

I think some cows just don't cross well to BB. She is a black , half bred LIM. She always had a good Lim calf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Serious calf!
    Are you sure you did not let him go a few weeks (months!) before you tagged him :-)
    We had an AZL last week off an old Limousin cow - same colour as your fella. Will not turn out as good but a very good calf all the same.
    Went with AZL as we just found with BYU gone, EPI (sigh) long gone and some of the others BBs out there with massive calving difficulty figures, that he was the next best. Another cow has her time up to to AZL so will see what the she brings, fingers crossed.

Leg Wax mentioned that Sultan was a very good bull so will be interested to hear what he says about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Some shape for a hereford;)

Advertisement