Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to Staff in HQ

Options
  • 21-10-2011 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have good and not so good news.

The not so good first: Conor and Ross are leaving us (actually, Ross has already left and Conor's gon at the end of the month). The 2 lads are both off to work on Orchestra in what I know is going to be a really cool set of opportunities for them. The part of me that works for Boards is gutted, but the part of me that's their friend is absolutely delighted for them. So I'm sure you'll all join me in saying thank you so much lads for everything you've done, you're leaving the site in an infinitely better position than when you started.

However, now that that's out of the way, I can announce our new arrivals!

Our Tech Team now has 4(!) members of staff and they are Paddy, Neil, Danny and Rónán. Paddy has joined us from the Daft team, Danny's a new hire and Neil and Rónán are coming over from Boards Deals. They're all Boardsies - I'd rather not reveal their secret identities cause they'll be hounded :p You may see them on the Site Development forum every now and again (they have Employee accounts), but the plan is that requests for their time will come through me so we can schedule things more easily.

There is also another new arrival in the office who's my new partner in crime and that's Nicola who's been hired as the Community Services Rep role. She'll be dealing with things like our email inbox and Verified Reps/Talk To stuff. She's been given access to the Q account for this job.

So, once again, a big thank you to Ross and Conor for everything, I know they're still sticking around as members of the site and a big welcome to Nicola, Rónán, Danny, Neil and Paddy!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Dav wrote: »
    There is also another new arrival in the office who's my new partner in crime and that's Nicola who's been hired as the Community Services Rep role.
    This will probably get me a ban but pics or gtfo.:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    This will probably get me a ban but pics or gtfo.:D
    There are plenty of pics of Dav around!

GIYF! *

Best of luck to Conrossor, how their heads haven't exploded by now I'll never know! ... and obviously welcome to the new people landing in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Should GILF not be GIYF?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Should GILF not be GIYF?
    It should indeed! I knew it looked wrong, but I was too frigging tired to even spot what the hell was wrong! >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Should GILF not be GIYF?

Nicola could be a Granny he'd like to.... well ya know the rest.

Best of luck to Conor and Ross. A lot of the good things on Boards came with their implementation so a lot of the small things that make the site great and unique are their doing. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭darraghdoyle

Best of luck to Conor and Ross, both talented guys I'll be hounding at some stage no doubt.
    A lot of the good things on Boards came with their implementation so a lot of the small things that make the site great and unique are their doing. Fair play.

Spot on there.

Great news about the tech development and also about Nicola. Best of luck with it - you'll need it :pac:

Advertisement