Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Batman ??

Options
  • 20-10-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi guys and Girls, I need some help !! I just found out recently that my local town has a comic book store, I never really paid any attention to comics until I had about two hours to wait for my next lecture in College yesterday, and as the comic book store isn't to far away from my collge I thought I would check it out and you know what, I loved it !! So last night I decided I would buy a few comics and 'check the water' just to see if I like comics !!! Now my favorite superhero is prob Batman, however many people don't class him as a Superhero, because he dosen't really have any superpower ! My question is, are there any comics with just batman, and what I mean by that is, no robin, nightwing batgirl etc. just batman vs the villians ?? Can you help a newb out ?? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Judgment on Gotham didn't have any sidekicks iirc.

That said it had a whole clatter of Judge Dread characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Year One and The Long Halloween for sure.

Batman and the Monster Men, Batman and the Mad Monk and Batman: The Man Who Laughs are apparently set between those two stories so I'd assume they're Boy Wonderless too.

As well as The Batman Chronicles 1 which has ye olde Detective Comics #27-38 and Batman #1. Robin doesn't debut until issue 38. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Conorp55

Well, I have to say Im liking the look of all these comics, but the ones that interest me the most are, 'judgement on gotham', 'The man who laughs', and Batman #1 !! Im very excited now, because im heading up to gamestop today to grab Arkham City Collectors Edition, and Ill most likely drop into the comic book store and have a look for those !!!

One Question though is Batman #1 still being printed today (2011) ??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Which Batman #1? DC recently relaunched their entire line, so there's a new series of Batman comics; Batman #1 and Detective Comics #1 both came out in September. If you want to read the original Batman #1, The Batman Chronicles: Volume 1 is your best bet.

Which one would contain all the villians ??? If both which one is better ???

Also is batman volume 2 any good ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Conorp55 wrote: »
    Which one would contain all the villians? If both which one is better?

Also is batman volume 2 any good ???

DC's preferred answer would be for you to read all the new comics, so they're unlikely to put out 1 comic with everything that any Batman fan would want from a Batman comic in it.

As for Volume 2, do you mean Batman Chronicles Volume 2?

Fysh wrote: »
    DC's preferred answer would be for you to read all the new comics, so they're unlikely to put out 1 comic with everything that any Batman fan would want from a Batman comic in it.

As for Volume 2, do you mean Batman Chronicles Volume 2?

im not sure, im on my phone now, but when I get to a computer I will provide a link !!! Please forgive my newbness !!!

Here's the link I said I'd provide, from what I can see this comic looks fairly new !!! Anyway this is ths batman volume 2 I was talking about http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=batman%20volume%202&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CDoQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdc.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FBatman_Vol_2&ei=3YOmTvO2G4ixhAf4tLCHDg&usg=AFQjCNH-5LJKvQ1j2L5T1uqqBPF_GEGU3Q

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I read the first issue of Batman Volume #2, it's really good. The second issue is out too.

Ah, its ok guys. I was in my local comic book store yesterday, and the guy in there helped me with everything, I'm getting Batman and Robin #1 and he is back ordering Batman #1 both 'The New 52' Versions !!

Thanks for all your input guys !!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 donaldbracy

Don't know the character name but its from Batman: Shadow of the Bat # 51
    Maybe you could go on ebay and buy one.

Two face never got his face burned as a child and he never worn a white mask. So it isn't him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,041 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hush was the first Batman I ever read. Great introduction to the character without smothering you in things like the JLA, sidekicks, etc.... Robin does feature but it is primarily a Batman story.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

Hush was the first Batman I ever read. Great introduction to the character without smothering you in things like the JLA, sidekicks, etc.... Robin does feature but it is primarily a Batman story.

I recall Robin having much more involvement to be honest, but its been a very long while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,041 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Wait, you're based in Letterkenny. That's a dear shop mate. Pushy sales staff as well. Just to warn you.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tbfrance11

Judgment on Gotham

Advertisement