Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busking Partner Wanted ASAP

Options
  • 20-10-2011 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Im the 3rd greatest rock vocalist in the world.
    And no im not joking!
    Apart from Mike Patton and Chris Cornell no one is as versatile and as good as I am period!
    I have been in an Oasis tribute, an Eagles tribute, a grunge cover band, a choir, a boy band, the list goes on. No one else can sing all those styles apart from Mike Patton and I.
    I looking for a guitarist to go busking with asap.
    I guarantee you that with my voice we will get approached about gigs or some form of event in less than a day.
    Im not joking around here now and I want to get this going as soon as possible.
    Im looking for someone between 20 and 30 as im 29 myself.
    Contact me if you are interested.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

are you sure you're not joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Reposted from PM, hope maxsweeney doesn't mind.
    maxsweeney wrote:
    Well I live near harold's Cross in Kimmage but I want to busk in the city centre and mainly Grafton Street.
    Make a fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Max, this is amazing, I can't believe I've found you! I am without doubt the 4th greatest rock / hard rock guitarist on earth! And I've been looking for a vocal partner to conquer the world with! I only started looking today so I'm amazed that I found you so quickly, but obviously it's meant to be.

The only guitarists who could ever beat me are Buckethead, Juan Martin and Glen Matlock (I can play both six string and bass obviously). After them I am the greatest and I would never joke about something like this. I once played Holy Wars by Megadeth 35 times in a row without getting a single note wrong and my brother was there to witness it. I'm amazing and when you're this good there's just no point in trying to hide it. I can see I've found a like mind in you Max and I think we owe it to ourselves to get together and astonish the rock music world.

So when do you want to meet up? I'll be shredding like a maniac outside that jewellery shop on Grafton Street on Saturday afternoon if you want to come along and see what I can do. I'll talk to you then, I know that for a fact because once you hear me play you're going to run up and hug me because I am the person you've been looking for. I'm so excited about this, I'm going to have a busking partner with a better voice than Kurt Cobain and Alice Cooper combined!

Bring a sack with you to carry the piles of cash we are going to make when you join me on Saturday!

Rock on Max!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 askthedust

Max, this is amazing, I can't believe I've found you! I am without doubt the 4th greatest rock / hard rock guitarist on earth! And I've been looking for a vocal partner to conquer the world with! I only started looking today so I'm amazed that I found you so quickly, but obviously it's meant to be.

The only guitarists who could ever beat me are Buckethead, Juan Martin and Glen Matlock (I can play both six string and bass obviously). After them I am the greatest and I would never joke about something like this. I once played Holy Wars by Megadeth 35 times in a row without getting a single note wrong and my brother was there to witness it. I'm amazing and when you're this good there's just no point in trying to hide it. I can see I've found a like mind in you Max and I think we owe it to ourselves to get together and astonish the rock music world.

So when do you want to meet up? I'll be shredding like a maniac outside that jewellery shop on Grafton Street on Saturday afternoon if you want to come along and see what I can do. I'll talk to you then, I know that for a fact because once you hear me play you're going to run up and hug me because I am the person you've been looking for. I'm so excited about this, I'm going to have a busking partner with a better voice than Kurt Cobain and Alice Cooper combined!

Bring a sack with you to carry the piles of cash we are going to make when you join me on Saturday!

Rock on Max!
    Sounds interesting. I might travel to Dublin to witness this so I can say I was there when it all started on a dvd sometime in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

^^^^^^^ Sounds like its not to be missed! Let me know what time the rock off will begin!

Cool lads, you won't be sorry. I'll be setting up outside Weir's at about 1.25pm. It takes a little bit of time for me to set up my gear and get in the zone so I'll be getting going round 2pm. If you guys are there early I'd ask that you don't approach me until I've started playing as I need that half hour or so to get used to the atmosphere on the street (it changes daily) and to gear up / do some exercises.

I've started doing up my set list, I'm going to open up with two or three Def Leppard tunes, that'll get things going and then it'll be Dire Straits, Megadeth, and a note for note rendition of Kirk Hammet's guitar solo from Mexico City in 1993. That should get things really cooking and then I'll just shred through the next three hours or so with Anthrax, Pearl Jam, Faith No More, Terrorvision and such like until I tire myself out (which takes some time as you'd imagine).

I'm happy to take requests but sometimes I'll need to wait a bit for a good segue opportunity as I tend to play non-stop, just linking the songs together as applause can sometimes affect my concentration and if I stopped for a second the applause would be deafening.

Anyway, the brilliant news is Max got back to me by PM and is definitely going to come along on Saturday so you guys, and Dublin in general, are in for a serious treat. This is going to be one for the history books boys (the rock music history books) so enjoy yourselves! I know I'm going to!

Here's Max's PM:
    Yeah ill definately come along saturday man, definately!
    What jewellery shop? Im only just moved up from Cork so i know nothing ha.

Note the repeated use of the word definitely, you can really feel his enthusiasm! This is going to be epic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I already know this will be an event on par with Moses parting of the Red Sea. I will head down early to get a prime position. I may take some Valium in case the excitement of watching this musical paradigm shift leads to me exiting my physical body and reaching nirvana (and possibly Valhalla).

I already know this will be an event on par with Moses parting of the Red Sea.

Nah, it's going to top that by some distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I already know this will be an event on par with Moses parting of the Red Sea.

Nah, it's going to top that by some distance.

My most humble apologies! I hope that my underestimation Saturday's festival of melody has not corrupted the perfection of the event. My only fears for your success is whether your combined brilliance will tear a hole in the space/time continum, much like a perfectly held note can shatter a crystal glass. A fitting end for the universe...

• Advertisement

My most humble apologies!

Accepted! I hope you can make it on Saturday.

Ok. Well, I just got home and I honestly don't think I've ever been so upset in my life. Where the hell were you Max! I can't believe you didn't show. I literally can't understand how you could pass up an opportunity like this. Unless you were killed on your way into town or something, and if you were that's dreadful obviously. But it seems unlikely.

I mean, I played a stormer obviously, but as the afternoon wore on and nobody stepped up to the mic I'd specifically set up for you I began to guess you weren't coming. It was hard to play on for that last hour, but I just kept hoping you'd turn up and pushed through it. I think I was able to keep my disappointment hidden during the 3 minutes of rapturous applause that erupted when I finished my set but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more perceptive audience members were left wondering why I seemed so down after playing such an awesome show and getting such a great reaction. If only they knew.

As for the rest of you guys, I don't know if you were there or not as you didn't approach me at any point. But if you were I'm sorry if I was less than awesome today. I probably wasn't, but if I was I'm sure you can understand why.

I'm going to take this week to regroup and try to get over my disappointment, but I'll be back shredding Grafton Street next week so don't worry. Just trying to get my head around this first. Which isn't easy...

Advertisement