Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novembeers!- 26th November (confirmed)

Options
  • 19-10-2011 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

I'm stealing the 'Novembeers' phrase coined by rainbow kirby :pac:

So as we were talking about on the Off-Topic thread, it's time for another beers meetup! It's too late to have one in October so this will be in November sometime. I won't be able to organise this, as I'm on placement and may not be available at all but I decided I thought I'd start a thread with a poll to get started anyway!

Oh and by the way, I assume this will be in Dublin :p:o

When are you free? 70 votes

Friday 4th November
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 5th November
    7% 5 votes
    Friday 11th November
    7% 5 votes
    Saturday 12th November
    12% 9 votes
    Friday 18th November
    10% 7 votes
    Saturday 19th November
    10% 7 votes
    Friday 25th November
    18% 13 votes
    Saturday 26th November
    10% 7 votes
    Other (please state)
    24% 17 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The 4th is Leinster v Munster in the Aviva :pac:

(Pretty much any other date is good)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

The 4th is Leinster v Munster in the Aviva :pac:

(Pretty much any other date is good)
    Ooo 19th is my birthday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

I wish you could see polls with the boards touch app.

Can't organise it either but I'm more than likely free before the 13th (am packing that day, a beer would not help my endauvers!)
    As in headed away after that.

Thought messrs was a good choice last time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm free! (to be said in the tone of Mr. Humphries)

I like the sound of it though. I organised the last one and the coffee thing so I might take a break from organising this one. TBH though there's not much to it for someone who wants to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Meesared wrote: »

Happy early birthday :D

I'm good for any date btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

19th is also the day of the transgender day of remembrance ceremony in the Unitarian Church on St. Stephen's Green. It kicks off at 8pm, and there could be a retirement to a pub afterwards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I agree that Messrs was a good choice. Could do that again :) so anyone up for organising this once everyone has voted for a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Is it just the girls meeting up again?

Conor30 wrote: »
    Is it just the girls meeting up again?

No not at all. Everyone's welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Yay for Dublin. Probably won't go though, lol. :(

• Advertisement

Why not? :p

Why not? :p
    It doesn't actually take planning. It's finding a date that will suit the majority that's the problem. I'll use the laptop later so I can see that poll! (lack of poll-age on boards touch = agh-ness)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I have to go to a 30th on the 19th so I went with the 26th. There are too many dates/numbers in my post, I know.

finally got on the laptop to vote - im not holding out hope for the dates i chose! i cannot make it after the 14th BUT later in the month is a good early-party-come-gathering for everyone else. i can always say cheers from afar with a tequila :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

I'd love to meet up in Limerick sometime...by the way how are you Kiwigirl?.:)

Bump! Saturday 26th winning so far! :)

3 cheers for beers :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

3 cheers for beers :)

Friday night:

i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg

Saturday morning:

cat-drinking-beer-1.jpg

Are folks still up for a beers? Be nice to get together before Christmas. ooooooooooh we could do a secret santa thing!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Money is tight enough here at the moment :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

I voted for the 19th of Novemeber. Would it be possible to retract that and vote for the following weekend?
    My nephew's christening is on the 19th!

I don't think a mod can change it but we'll just remember that there's one extra vote for that date!! I can't make the 19th so that suits me :pac:

Now we need a venue...any suggestions? I think Messrs was good last time

Yeah I kind of need to move my vote for the 19th to the next weekend too, so I guess Saturday the 26th is the runner!

Messers was good, and TBH I didn't pre-book last time. Just went in a snagged a table. The only thing about Messers is that there are so many nooks and crannies that it might be hard to find us for some people...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

Could a mod change the subject of this thread so that it confirms 26th as the winner?

As for venues - had a great AH beers in O'Reilly's once (under Tara Street DART station - the DARTs should be running by 26th! rolleyes.gif), though the fact that they were doing coctail promotions for a fiver might have had something to do with it... :pac:

Another venue I had a great beers in (this time nocturnal forum beers) was the Grand Social (near Ha'penny bridge).

Well, like I said before, I don't know what the story is with my placement but as of right now I can go on the 26th so I can go there early so people have someone to meet! It might be a bit awkward to find people but it's not too bad, so long as we tell everyone beforehand that we'll be somewhere on the first floor, towards the back. Or something like that?

Thread title edited to reflect the confirmation on Saturday 26th November!

Do you know where's great too, is the Workmans Club on the quays, and it's pretty cheap too! It's also just a giant space upstairs, so pretty easy to spot a gang... Close to either The Front Lounge and Panti if we decide to go FULL GAY!!!!!!!!!!

Noone ever goes full gay!

(10 points to whoever gets the reference)

Tropic Thunder :P

I say it again - 3 CHEERS FOR BEERS :D I'm ecstatic !!

• Advertisement

What's you're favourite drink WW?

Advertisement