Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Beta theme problem

• 16-10-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,704 ✭✭✭✭

When using the Beta theme on two different devices I seem to having the same problem. When I open a new page, the 'Boards.ie' tab at the top is opened as if I am hovering the mouse over it. This is only a minor nuisance on my laptop, but when I use it on my iPhone this has the effect of nearly covering the whole screen.

Using Google Chrome 14.0.835.202 m and on Safari for Iphone ios5.

Any suggestions what this could be or if others are having the same problem?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,704 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Anyone else notice this? It can't be just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

No problem for me using FF 7.0.1 on Windows XP SP3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I get it too, safari on iOS5 and chrome in OSX Lion. Very annoying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah me too. With Safari on my iPad and Safari/Chrome on my Mac. It started after upgrading to Lion and iOS 5. All other sites are fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Seems to be a Lion issue, as it doesn't happen for me in snow leopard, but does in lion. Ditto on the iphone OS. Pre ios 5 it's fine, but fiddling around with a mates phone running 5 I spotted the same thing and thought of Quazzie and this thread. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

And here was me thinking it was my install of iOS5. No issues on the pc's at all.

I have it on my laptop running Chrome and W7.

Its not as much a nuisance on the laptop though as the size it takes up isn't proportionally as much as on the iPhone which tends to be about 80% of the screen.

Any solution to this? It's a major PITA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

The immediate solution? Switch from Beta :(

Sad Professor reported it in Site Development. It's a known bug.

What is happening is Webkit browsers (Chrome, Safari) are firing a MouseOver event when the page loads. Why? No idea. There might be a case made for it being this potential bug, the fix from there may be possible but it's a matter of priorities with the new dev team I'm afraid, and something Ross spent two days digging into and got nowhere with is a strong indicator to use our handover time with Conor doing other stuff.

I'm not saying we won't get to it, but I can see you getting real annoyed with it before we do

Advertisement