Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Box Out of Stock....but

Options
  • 13-10-2011 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone lurking around for the bush box at 49.99 you will find its been out of stock for weeks now.
    However I noticed today a stack of ALBA boxes on the counter for 69.99. Bit of a sneaky trick when they are the same thing really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,345 ✭✭✭Macy0161

TheDriver wrote: »
    Anyone lurking around for the bush box at 49.99 you will find its been out of stock for weeks now.
    However I noticed today a stack of ALBA boxes on the counter for 69.99. Bit of a sneaky trick when they are the same thing really.
    I didn't notice it when it launched, but was looking last week and they have the bush receiver listed with a full price of 69.99, with €20 off for the €49.99. It's a bit disappointing that the list price is that much, but I guess it's still cheaper than we started at (for the same receiver).

At €50 for second TV's it was getting that STB was better than upgrading the TV, but at €70 it's a bit more touch and go if you're willing to go walker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

The digihome's in Powercity are €59.

Yes all the same boxes - rebadged and all will get the same over the update if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Delboy5

The Bush one is the only set-top-box i can see on the argos.ie website, is the Alba one available online !?

Would this one on the UK site do for Saorview:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5322185/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/2%7C14419512%7CDigital+boxes+and+services%7C14419633/c_3/3%7Ccat_14419633%7CHD+set+top+boxes%7C28608383.htm
    TheDriver wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭phonejacker

Argos (galway) would make you sick cause when ever you want something in there they il tell you I'm sorry it's out off stock (we won't have it for another 8 months:rolleyes:)but it's in stock in Sligo if you want spend a few hour's travelling up there

Advertisement