Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pmi0611 VHI policy code that makes a big saving

Options
  • 10-10-2011 12:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Pmi0611 is the policy or scheme VHI don't want the general public to know about.....just heard about it there on newstalk..........apparently it can save a family €1300 over other policys (2 adults & 2 kids) Its only available for the next week.

Don't know it this is of interest to anyone, but thought I'd share it nonetheless.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Just heard that on Newstalk, a heavily discounted healthcare plan on offer at the moment that they are not advertising. Is has apparently been put together to entice a large corporate customer but as per regulations it must be made available to everyone. In this case the offer ends on the 17th Oct and the prices go back up. The price details I gathered were that it can save a family with two kids €1300 per annum. Adult price is down from €1274 to €711 and child price down from €200 to €111. It will only be available to those at the end of a contract or a new customer. Reporter also said the benefits included were better for this limited period only. Could not find it on website so I’d imagine you need to call them and ask specifically for plan PMI 0611

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

http://www.hia.ie/latest-news/vhi-change-benefits-and-price-on-pmi-06-11-plan-17.10.11.htm

Sorry just on the phone - but if you want to see what the policy is like have a look at the hia website - you can find it by using the comparison search option, you can select it on it's own or side by side up to two other policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Very similar benefits to our (2 + 1) Quinn CompanyCare Choice plan. Cheaper, but not by a massive amount (approx €25/mth). We have a newborn (2 wks old) who will be covered free by Quinn until our renewal in June. I presume we would have to pay for him if taking out this plan with VHI?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Very similar benefits to our (2 + 1) Quinn CompanyCare Choice plan. Cheaper, but not by a massive amount (approx €25/mth). We have a newborn (2 wks old) who will be covered free by Quinn until our renewal in June. I presume we would have to pay for him if taking out this plan with VHI?

Jaysus, €25pm is nothing to be sniffed at, and certainly worth changing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

If I wasn't mid policy this could save me in region of €1200 per year! Gonna call them up anyway and try play hardball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just checked it against our company care choice. Will save 130 on the baby but for us its only 50 due to chiropractic cover differences. some of the private cover is also less than with quinn.
    With the baby it wont matter but for us it could be important. just need to double check it.
    newborns are free on vhi. look at maternity care.
    look at hia.ie for an easy comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

I am with VHI 10 years and usually renew in January, can I avail of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Tidyweb wrote: »
    Not anymore as they don't allow you to change your contract i.e. change your renewal date from Jan to Oct. They stopped allowing people do that earlier this year when everyone changed prior to the price increase.

No point in trying to play hardball either on it I'd imagine as they won't budge.

Tidyweb wrote: »
    looder wrote: »
    Not anymore as they don't allow you to change your contract i.e. change your renewal date from Jan to Oct. They stopped allowing people do that earlier this year when everyone changed prior to the price increase.

No point in trying to play hardball either on it I'd imagine as they won't budge.

Could you not cancel your current policy and sign up through your other half?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I rang there, was quoted €146 pm , its a very good policy, good cover, low excess's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

newborns are free on vhi. look at maternity care.
    look at hia.ie for an easy comparison

Yes, but I think you already have to be a member to get the free coverage. e.g. we had a baby 2 wks ago - he is covered until our next renewal (June) for free with Quinn, but we would have to pay for coverage if we moved to VHI.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Far as I know, our family, all adults (2 parents, 2 adult kids) are all on a plan with VHI. Would this policy be of use to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

No, it's not like Sky (for example).

As your waiting periods need to be carried over with you to your new policy.

Soarer wrote: »
    Could you not cancel your current policy and sign up through your other half?

take a look at the quinn company care choice. its comparable to this policy at 795 for adult and €248 for children.

Ive just done my maths on this one and reckon I'll save €260 a year by changing over to vhi...despite what i said above :)

moving us from €795 to €711 and the baby from €248 to €111.

the baby will be a saving of €137 + 7.44 direct debit
    We'll save €33 each in spite of the difference in chiropractic allowances(€228(qh) v €175(vhi). We'll also save another €23 each on direct debits

We have a medical card so the gp/hospital doesnt matter.

Will make the call now and look out for future savings with other companies down the line.

Yes, but I think you already have to be a member to get the free coverage. e.g. we had a baby 2 wks ago - he is covered until our next renewal (June) for free with Quinn, but we would have to pay for coverage if we moved to VHI.

Make a call and check it out!

I rang them there to ask a few things, and this is the way it's working for us.

At the minute we're on Company Care Choice. 4 of us, inc. a 3 year old and a 3 month old.

Don't think I can do an accurate comparison for the next 12 months, as I don't know if my premium with Quinn will increase in February...probably will like.

But even if Quinn doesn't go up, between now and Feb, we'll save just short of a tenner. Between Feb. and Oct. we should save just over €25 per month.

Subject to approval from Mrs. Soarer, I'm all over this.

P.S. The guy on the phone said the last day to set things up is October 15th, so don't be waiting until the 17th as it might be too late!!

Soarer wrote: »
    I rang them there to ask a few things, and this is the way it's working for us.

At the minute we're on Company Care Choice. 4 of us, inc. a 3 year old and a 3 month old.
    Me : €712.80
    Mrs: €712.80
    3yo: €248.40
    3mo: €free until Feb., then it'll be €248.40

PMI Prices for us are....
    Me : €711.11
    Mrs: €711.11
    3yo: €111.11
    3mo: €111.11

Don't think I can do an accurate comparison for the next 12 months, as I don't know if my premium with Quinn will increase in February...probably will like.

But even if Quinn doesn't go up, between now and Feb, we'll save just short of a tenner. Between Feb. and Oct. we should save just over €25 per month.

Subject to approval from Mrs. Soarer, I'm all over this.

Me : €712.80
    Mrs: €712.80
    3yo: €248.40
    3mo: €free until Feb.

P.S. The guy on the phone said the last day to set things up is October 15th, so don't be waiting until the 17th as it might be too late!!

We are on quinn company care choice and paying €795. You can bank on that at least when you have to renew in February. the only major difference i could see is that emergency dental isnt covered on vhi but their swifcare clinics are which is a plus if you dont want to spent 24 hours in A&E waiting to be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 23,400 ✭✭✭✭ted1

just changed policy

was on aviva buisnes plus hosiptal
    paying 754 for me and misses and 108 for the little one on level 1 iplan.
    had only renewed last month,

now paying 711 *2 and 111 *1 =139 per month for 11 months.still trying to figure out why she wouldn't let me pay over 12 months.

was paying 134 over 12 months.

not much off a saving, but i know have day to day stuff and a lower excess. also new baby due end of month so will get an extra month of him/her being free.

nice one OP.

We are on quinn company care choice and paying €795. You can bank on that at least when you have to renew in February. the only major difference i could see is that emergency dental isnt covered on vhi but their swifcare clinics are which is a plus if you dont want to spent 24 hours in A&E waiting to be seen

Well if our new premium come Feb. is €795pp, we'll be saving over €35 per month going this way.
    Plus we have a Swiftcare less than 10 minutes from us, so that's a plus.

just changed over to vhi and its an immediate saving of €30 per month...
    €1830 reduced to €1533.33 p.a.

Not to be sneezed at ..Well done OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 pmulv

Thanks op.
    Renewal was this week and I just saved a little over 1,000 verus parents and kids policy (3 kids). V little differences on policies but everyone circumstances are different so make sure you check.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Question: is this rate only good for the first year and then gets jacked up to the standard rate?? or do you keep it for as long as you don't change something on the policy?

tallpaul wrote: »
    Question: is this rate only good for the first year and then gets jacked up to the standard rate?? or do you keep it for as long as you don't change something on the policy?

its only good for the year and then you check again.be careful though , you are tied into a 12 month contract.

I'd say it's the former.
    But come renewal time, just shop around again for the best price.

tallpaul wrote: »

This is my third company on 4 years.Always shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

ted1 wrote: »
    This is my third company on 4 years.Always shop around.
    Im not very clued in but when you change company isnt there a 6 month period where your not covered or very limited cover at the start?

if you have an ongoing illness theres a 6 month waiting period before your higher level insurance kicks in. you are still covered for a new illness.

day to day kick in straight away. as i've no on going illness, there is no waiting period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I just signed up too, good deal, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

ch750536 wrote: »
    I just signed up too, good deal, thanks OP.
    I changed from plan b option to the teachers plan last January. Im not a teacher ! VHI were shocking to deal with and it took months to organise and I had to make a complaint. Saved a fortune though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Grawns wrote: »
    I changed from plan b option to the teachers plan last January. Im not a teacher ! VHI were shocking to deal with and it took months to organise and I had to make a complaint. Saved a fortune though.

Am I reading that right? You had to make a complaint for your fraudulent application to go through?

Advertisement