Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SanDisk microSDHC 32GB Card £28 @ Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

very tempting ..... now i just need to persuade myself that class 4 will do the finest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Class 4 would be OK for an mp3 player right? 40gb sansa clip is tempting...

Ordered anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I use one in my Asus Transformer tablet and its fine for playing video, etc. No complaints so far anyway. Apart from it being £36 back in July when I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Gone up to £38 now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Was it at the £28 price including free delivery?

W. (curious)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

crazy how their pricing can fluxuate. i ordered headphones 6 months ago that cost 50% more today (£40 now £60). wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Was it at the £28 price including free delivery?
    There is no free delivery on it now anyway so I doubt it, its a 3rd party seller and does say may be eligible for free delivery but on checkout it had it as £8.50. Thats a ridiculous price, since there is no free P&P on anything, its included in the price, so really they are charging £8.50 extra to post it here, above and beyond what it costs to P&P to the UK

Also the sellers address
    157831622._V192209999_.jpg
    if shipped from jersey you are liable for VAT on this card.
    newkie wrote: »
    crazy how their pricing can fluxuate. i ordered headphones 6 months ago that cost 50% more today (£40 now £60). wtf??
    This site lets you track fluctuations
    http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/SanDisk-SDSDQM-032G-microSDHC-32GB-Card/product/B003HIWHN0

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

rubadub wrote: »
    There is no free delivery on it now anyway so I doubt it, its a 3rd party seller and does say may be eligible for free delivery but on checkout it had it as £8.50.

If you choose Amazon.co.uk from the 'more buying choices' menu on the RHS of the page, the total comes to £28.23 including Irish vat and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

been waiting for these to drop to a reasonable price, thanks OP!

wow, back up to £38, glad I didn't spend ages deciding if I wanted it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cros

There was "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]FREE Super Saver Delivery" when it was available for £28 from Amazon themselves.

Dispatch estimate is now showing as [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]16 Sep 2011 - 14 Oct 2011. [/SIZE][/FONT]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

mine is showing 3rd Sept - fingers crossed

cros wrote: »
    There was "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]FREE Super Saver Delivery" when it was available for £28 from Amazon themselves.

Dispatch estimate is now showing as [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]16 Sep 2011 - 14 Oct 2011. [/SIZE][/FONT]

My dispatch estimate was showing the same, but I received an email from Amazon later in the day telling me dispatch would be earlier than expected. My expected arrival date is now the 9th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

TPD wrote: »
    Class 4 would be OK for an mp3 player right? 40gb sansa clip is tempting...

Ordered anyway :p

Every time you add/remove files in the Clip, it will scan the whole card. As it's class 4, this will take ages. My 8GB card was class 4 and took 3/4 mins each time.

Changing the USB setting to MTP mode may help, depending on the software you use:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/162/~/mtp-or-msc

Think I'll take the plunge too, myself :)

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Every time you add/remove files in the Clip, it will scan the whole card. As it's class 4, this will take ages. My 8GB card was class 4 and took 3/4 mins each time.

Changing the USB setting to MTP mode may help, depending on the software you use:

yes. the message is do updates in bulk then it only rescans at that point. it's not a big problem really. I have a 16gb card in clip+ and rescan only takes about 2 minutes.

Sappy404 wrote: »

I use rockbox on my clip, the scanning seems to be a bit quicker and if I remember rightly, the database updates incrementally so new additions only take a few seconds to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

TPD wrote: »
    I use rockbox on my clip, the scanning seems to be a bit quicker and if I remember rightly, the database updates incrementally so new additions only take a few seconds to appear.

/Off topic/ you need a build with USB enabled for the Clip+ rockbox port.

Was going to order some of these but I think I'll hold out for now. Thanks OP.

Advertisement