Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Touran 1.9 TDI 105BHP - ABS/EPS warning light

Options
  • 02-08-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have one of these which I bought recently. It's 08 and has 27,000 miles. It's had one service before at about 16,000 miles, this was in a VW garage and was stamped and written up as long life service.

I am aware recently of problems, read online, with this light and having to get the code checked and lot's of issues/costs with ABS pumps etc.

The light has only come on when in cruise control and at about 83MPH. It did this twice and never comes when in manual control even at that speed and higher. (Clearly all on an autobhan!)

Is anyone aware is this the start of an issue, should I be concerned? Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    MAJJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

The warning light is on permanently know.

Thought I should update in an effort to share and maybe get some input.

A mechanic friend read the ecu and confirmed the dreaded code is the ABS pump, don't have the code to hand but will try and edit when I can.

The car was from the UK, via NI. VW UK customer service insisted going via VW Ireland. VW Ireland want a dealer diagnostic check and getting it done and going from there. Going to cost 75eur for the check, which I will be insisting will be covered, will let folks know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭FrontDoor

MAJJ wrote: »
    The warning light is on permanently know.

Thought I should update in an effort to share and maybe get some input.

A mechanic friend read the ecu and confirmed the dreaded code is the ABS pump, don't have the code to hand but will try and edit when I can.

The car was from the UK, via NI. VW UK customer service insisted going via VW Ireland. VW Ireland want a dealer diagnostic check and getting it done and going from there. Going to cost 75eur for the check, which I will be insisting will be covered, will let folks know how it goes.
    I looked into this when buying one.

Apparently VW UK are meeting the full cost of repairs now.

Also, it is no longer a full pump replacement, but a specific kit which is bolted onto the pump, around 300 quid all in I think.

I'd be curious to hear how you go with VW? I'd presume they want nothing to do with it.

Looked into to and that's what I read too on vagdrivers. Away at the moment and it got VW diagnostics today but I haven't seen the report or ECU code they are reporting. The words sensor and 1000EUR were mentioned, I look forward to a liitle chat wiith them when I get back! On the plus side I can bring it up to NI and get it done from there. Will keep you posted, feel free to PM me to nudge me for a response if you hear nothing back. Cheers

MAJJ wrote: »
    Looked into to and that's what I read too on vagdrivers. Away at the moment and it got VW diagnostics today but I haven't seen the report or ECU code they are reporting. The words sensor and 1000EUR were mentioned, I look forward to a liitle chat wiith them when I get back! On the plus side I can bring it up to NI and get it done from there. Will keep you posted, feel free to PM me to nudge me for a response if you hear nothing back. Cheers
    Well if it is the ABS thing, I've seen 350 quoted for fitting and the part. Might be worth bearing in mind if VW don't stump up.

All the best with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Once this is fixed is that the end of it?

• Advertisement

Who knows? This repair kit seems to be only recently available, so not sure if the actual fault is modified or not.

I presume it is not just Tourans this goes on, but all cars on the golf platform?

AFAIK everything on the same platform. Surprised is not talked about more. Very bad that its covered by VW in the UK but not in Ireland. It went on ours but it was covered by the warranty (non VW).

Some more detail on it here...
    http://www.sinspeed.co.uk/blog/volkswagen-vw-touran-common-abs-esp-fault-brake-pressure-sender-sensor-switch-failure/

They also say its not just VW.
    http://www.sinspeed.co.uk/blog/volkswagen-audi-common-abs-fault-brake-pressure-sender-sensor-switch-failure/
    Most Common Vehicles Affected
    Audi A2
    Audi A3
    Audi A4
    BMW 1Series
    BMW 3Series
    Ford Focus
    Mazda 3
    Seat Leon
    Seat Altea
    Seat Toleda
    Skoda Octavia
    Volkswagen Golf
    Volkswagen Bora
    Volkswagen Passat
    Volkswagen Tourag
    Volkswagen Touran
    Volvo S40
    Volvo V50

BostonB wrote: »
    AFAIK everything on the same platform. Surprised is not talked about more. Very bad that its covered by VW in the UK but not in Ireland. It went on ours but it was covered by the warranty (non VW).
    Not good enough, but not surprising.

The latest I have on this is :
    I have had a diagnostics ran by VW and expected the issue to be the ABS pump/module instead it is G149 and indicated the lateral accelerator sensor and needs a new sensor, part number 7H0907655A. Looking for about 730 part and 300 labour. Am escalating with VW Ireland.

Any suggestions on getting this covered are more than welcome

Meant to update, this but have been PM'd so best to share.

Car was of UK origin so just out of warranty. The garage I bought from was excellent and handled the follow up with VW UK. Good will of 60% was provided and 40% covered by the garage. I was surprised by the Good will on offer in that it was very low for a car weeks out of warranty, with VW FSH and low mileage but it didn't cost me anything except time.

I bought from http://autoireland.co.uk/ - Michael was a thorough pleasure to deal with, absolute gentleman and very reliable.

• Advertisement

For me thats the kinda place I'd go back to.

Perhaps they just offered to cover the balance.

Advertisement