Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please allow me to explain my side of the story

Options
  • 31-07-2011 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

No further comments to make.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Please resign immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DavidNorris

No further comments to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

David with all due respect, its to late for me. Its all just to much.You should have seen this coming,It would be wrong for you to be come president of our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

So are we just accepting this poster is actually David Norris without any verification?

For what it's worth I never would have given him my vote. Whether you agree or disagree with stuff he's said in the past (not even taking this court thing into consideration), a lot of it always had the potential to be widely misconstrued and cause controversy which is not what we need in a figurehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Hello all,

Friends have pointed me in the direction of this discussion.

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere sorrow to both my supporters and the people of Ireland - I feel I have let you all down with the current revelations which are being bandies about. I never, ever, meant to cause this.

I was simply helping a dear friend in any way I could. Surely you would have done that same for a trusted companion?

There will be further details released in due course but please allow me time to recover and in time I shall furnish you with further details.

I personally would not help no man or women convicted of rape of a minor, end of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Please accept my apologies, I am unable to reply directly as I am unfamiliar with this website. However, please let me just say this; I am terribly sorry and I do of course feel I have let people down, but I ask that you please understand why I did this.

I am sorry but that is all I can say at this time.
    david, i am a parent, and in my physology to protect my children from all evil at all costs, you are an adult, and you are making light of the fact that an older gentleman had sex with a child, you lost my vote there,
    also when you sent the letter you used your position in the sinead here as you used the headed paper from the sinead, you keep stating irish law in this letter, well israel have their own laws, and i respect that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Hello all,

Friends have pointed me in the direction of this discussion.

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere sorrow to both my supporters and the people of Ireland - I feel I have let you all down with the current revelations which are being bandies about. I never, ever, meant to cause this.

I was simply helping a dear friend in any way I could. Surely you would have done that same for a trusted companion?

There will be further details released in due course but please allow me time to recover and in time I shall furnish you with further details.

someone (mod) mail the real norris a verification code or something please

david.norris@oireachtas.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

So are we just accepting this poster is actually David Norris without any verification?

You'd think his spelling would be better.

If the owners of the site check they will see that I set up this account using my Oireachtas email address.

goat2 wrote: »
    david, i am a parent, and in my physology to protect my children from all evil at all costs, you are an adult, and you are making light of the fact that an older gentleman had sex with a child, you lost my vote there,
    also when you sent the letter you used your position in the sinead here as you used the headed paper from the sinead, you keep stating irish law in this letter, well israel have their own laws, and i respect that,

15 isn't a child its a young man
    i had sex when i was 15 (with a woman but i'm straight so thats what i like) it didn't hurt me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Its very possible that its not him alright.

In any case, I would previously have considered him an ideal candidate based on his history of human rights work. His comments on pederasty made me feel distinctly uncomfortable but is the straw that broke the camel's back.

It doesn't appear to me that Sen. Norris has any appreciation of how wrong it is for an adult to have a sexual relationship with a minor - irrespective of the gender of either one. It seems that he has some romantic notions about it but, even if its commonplace, it is just never right.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Will you still be filling in for Vincent Browne on Tuesday night? :D

If the owners of the site check they will see that I set up this account using my Oireachtas email address.

thats cool but you understand we need to know for sure or someone could be trying to feck it up even worse for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Just looked it up on modutils, but admins will be able to verify... hopefully soon, whether this is Norris. People really shouldn't go on the internet pretending to be well known people caught in a controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

David, I'm truly sorry that it has come to this. I admire you as a person, and believed that your presence in the Áras would have brought an energy and vivaciousness that has previously been lacking. I also think it would have been fun! However, the letters recently revealed show an extraordinary lack of judgement, both political, and IMO, moral. The former I could excuse; the latter not so much. My opinion on you as a person hasn't changed. We all make mistakes, and I can understand that you acted, foolishly, on behalf of someone you love. I can't condemn you for that, nor use it to ignore everything else that you have achieved. However, I do think it disqualifies you from the office of first citizen, and so I'll not be voting for you in the coming election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Tigger wrote: »
    i had sex when i was 15 (with a woman but i'm straight so thats what i like) it didn't hurt me

Was she your own age (ish) or was she over 40 at the time? Its a significant difference.

if you are norris tell me this while we wait ; do you like joyce because he was a very sexual man or because of his fancy prose, or a little of both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Senator Norris, perhaps you could use your twitter account to verify your identity here.

If it is you, I appreciate you feel bad, but this is a shocking lapse in judgement IMO. I understand the position you found yourself in, but you should have said no, and found other ways to support your ex.

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Was she your own age (ish) or was she over 40 at the time? Its a significant difference.

why is it different, i fancied one of my teachers i'd have given a littlefinger to bring her drinking in a field when i was 15

and i am sure you went home and told mammy and daddy that very night,

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »
    and i am sure you went home and told mammy and daddy that very night,

are you trying to come accross condescending? because you are.

no, i didn't tell my parents i still don't discuss my sex life with my parents and i'm in my mid thirtys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

Please resign immediately

i agree..resign fro the Seaned. you are a disgrace. follow the lead of Trevor Sargent.

Einhard wrote: »
    David, I'm truly sorry that it has come to this. I admire you as a person, and believed that your presence in the Áras would have brought an energy and vivaciousness that has previously been lacking. I also think it would have been fun! However, the letters recently revealed show an extraordinary lack of judgement, both political, and IMO, moral. The former I could excuse; the latter not so much. My opinion on you as a person hasn't changed. We all make mistakes, and I can understand that you acted, foolishly, on behalf of someone you love. I can't condemn you for that, nor use it to ignore everything else that you have achieved. However, I do think it disqualifies you from the office of first citizen, and so I'll not be voting for you in the coming election.

execllent post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

later10 wrote: »
    People really shouldn't go on the internet pretending to be well known people caught in a controversy.

I can't help but feel that well known people caught up on controversies (especially those who wish to become Head of State) shouldn't ever go onto discussion forums to defend themselves.

That said - even if he is posting on Boards, and in the even less likely event that he somehow gets the nomination, I'll still be giving David Norris my second preference (after Michael D. Higgins). For me, this whole episode changes nothing. I'd still rather see President Norris than President Mitchell, Davis or Gallagher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Impersonating government officials is illegal.

Again all I can say is, I take your views on board and will try to better myself. I must really leave it at that now, as I cannot bear to view these comments any longer.

If the owner of this site would like to contact please do so and I shall provide a picture of myself logged into this website, as proof.

Again all I can say is, I take your views on board and will try to better myself. I must really leave it at that now, as I cannot bear to view these comments any longer.

If the owner of this site would like to contact please do so and I shall provide a picture of myself logged into this website, as proof.

bye dave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Someone close this pointless troll thread, I can't believe people are stupid enough to even take this seriously.

are you trying to come accross condescending? because you are.

no, i didn't tell my parents i still don't discuss my sex life with my parents and i'm in my mid thirtys
    i knew you would get angry with that, hope you enjoyed it,
    and i apologise if i sound condesending.

• Advertisement

Someone close this pointless troll thread, I can't believe people are stupid enough to even take this seriously.
    my guess is, it is not him, at least we can read these posts,
    but i had to read his letter to israel at least four times to get the gist of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement