Airside security pass - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-07-2011, 10:24   #1
Pebe042
Closed Account

Airside security pass

Hi,

I've a couple of questions re: airside clearance.

How long does it take to get an airside security pass processed for an Irish airport?
How expensive is clearance?

Any help is much appreciated!
Advertisement
19-07-2011, 11:02   #2
LadyTBolt

Contact the airport police authority who you have applied to for the clearance pass. They will advise you how long this will take.
19-07-2011, 11:43   #3
Rain Dog

Was taking up to six weeks for Garda clearance a few months ago, may have improved since. Forms can be downloaded from the airports websites. Details of charges for Dublin & Shannon here

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/abo...s-charges.aspx
http://www.shannonairport.com/gns/b2...s-charges.aspx
19-07-2011, 12:35   #4
LadyTBolt

You will also need to complete an online airside security course in advance of receiving the airside clearance from the airport. Cost of this is a further €50.
19-07-2011, 12:46   #5
Pebe042
Closed Account

Many thanks for the responses - very helpful and much appreciated.

Assumed that US airside is a completely different kettle of fish than normal (effectively you're on US soil through Dublin and Shannon)?
Advertisement
19-07-2011, 12:57   #6
A320

why do you need to know the cost surely your company provides this? oh wait do you pay @ Ryanair?????
19-07-2011, 14:40   #7
Cessna_Pilot

On the subject, how does one go about getting an Irish background check?
19-07-2011, 19:41   #8
muppet01

You will also need a reason for this clearance.Airside access is also graded with different levels available.Gaining access for the sake of it is a non runner even with a clear security history and BSAT training.
20-07-2011, 01:38   #9
donkey balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna_Pilot View Post
On the subject, how does one go about getting an Irish background check?
The Gardai down in Thurles deal with all the back ground checks normally your employer would fill out the form and send it to the vetting office,As for the different grades of airside passes I never heard of that before mine was blue in colour with the different categories of vehicles that I drive while airside.
Advertisement
20-07-2011, 02:26   #10
Leejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey balls View Post
The Gardai down in Thurles deal with all the back ground checks normally your employer would fill out the form and send it to the vetting office,As for the different grades of airside passes I never heard of that before mine was blue in colour with the different categories of vehicles that I drive while airside.
Green - Allowed airside but not allowed out on the ramp.
Blue - Allowed on the ramp within certain boundaries
Red - Allowed anywhere - Airport police
Yellow & Other colour - Temp contract?

That's what it is in Dub anyway
20-07-2011, 11:58   #11
donkey balls

Ah get you now with the different badges for contractors etc and the different areas there allowed in.
20-07-2011, 19:32   #12
muppet01

Not just contractors, airside passes can limit you to buildings with no ramp access etc.As for CBP area no access unless operational crew/security staff or APFS
21-07-2011, 15:08   #13
pinkfloydian

Airside Clearance

Is there a website that gives all the details of how to get clearance. I've often seen jobs advertised that state "no applications without airside pass".

I assume you get the pass first and then apply for jobs. However, given the different levels of clearance, this does not seem logical.

P
21-07-2011, 18:46   #14
Goldenegg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloydian View Post
Is there a website that gives all the details of how to get clearance. I've often seen jobs advertised that state "no applications without airside pass".

I assume you get the pass first and then apply for jobs. However, given the different levels of clearance, this does not seem logical.

P
Maybe those jobs were advertised for internal hiring- as in for someone who already works in the airport. As far as I'm aware, you apply for your airside pass when you have successfully got the job.
21-07-2011, 18:55   #15
lord lucan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenegg View Post
Maybe those jobs were advertised for internal hiring- as in for someone who already works in the airport. As far as I'm aware, you apply for your airside pass when you have successfully got the job.
That's what i was thinking too. The badge has to state your employer and job title as well as employee number. They don't just give them out to anyone on completion of a BSAT and background check. Most of the airport companies(operator/concessions/contractors etc.) pay for the BSAT and badge at the beginning though you may have to pay for a new one from your own pocket should you lose it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion