Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BABY HI CAPA WITH A DIFFERENCE

Options
  • 16-07-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭

WE Baby hi capa with polished top slide sides in immaculate condition firing 100% with a leak free gas mag firing under the 1J.
    A really nice pistol fires well and has a nice kick and weight to it, ideal as a back up, I'm only a plinker so you won't find any mud in this, €85

Also up for grabs are two leak free WE hi capa 30 rd gas mags €20 each or €35 for both

Lastly a red dot laser as seen below, in perfect working order with pressure pad asking €15 SOLD TO F.U.B.A.R

I can take Paypal (fees apply), Money orders, Cash or Sheckles and Can post all items at buyers expense (registered post only)

These can also be collected around the limerick/Munster area BUT with the price of motion lotion I reckon An Post is cheaper.
    Any questions ask away, Don't forget the rules of engagement/charter.

As usual No thread spoiling, loitering, test pilots or tyre kickers
    Have a nice day.
    24042011240-1.jpg
    24042011242-1.jpg

060720113592.jpg

24042011259-1.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

offer asking on laser :) whats the postage on it or are you in Mallow any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    offer asking on laser :) whats the postage on it or are you in Mallow any time soon

Offer accepted F.U.B.A.R, I'm not near mallow anytime soon I could post it regular post it'd be around €1.35 if that's ok with you send me a PM and we'll go from there.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LOOKHERE

Is it green gas or Co2?

LOOKHERE wrote: »
    Is it green gas or Co2?

It's a gas mag Lookhere, it holds more BBs than a C02 mag will and the gas use is very good, you could always buy a 5.1 Co2 mag for it no mods needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

The_Joker wrote: »
    WE Baby hi capa with polished top slide sides in immaculate condition firing 100% with a leak free gas mag firing under the 1J.
    A really nice pistol fires well and has a nice kick and weight to it, ideal as a back up, I'm only a plinker so you won't find any mud in this, €85

Also up for grabs are two leak free WE hi capa 30 rd gas mags €20 each or €35 for both

Lastly a red dot laser as seen below, in perfect working order with pressure pad asking €15 SOLD TO F.U.B.A.R

I can take Paypal (fees apply), Money orders, Cash or Sheckles and Can post all items at buyers expense (registered post only)

These can also be collected around the limerick/Munster area BUT with the price of motion lotion I reckon An Post is cheaper.
    Any questions ask away, Don't forget the rules of engagement/charter.

As usual No thread spoiling, loitering, test pilots or tyre kickers
    Have a nice day.
    24042011240-1.jpg
    24042011242-1.jpg

060720113592.jpg

24042011259-1.jpg
    trade you for a lovely kjw sig226 in tan with silencer and case that i got off a very nice boards member a little while ago and havent used it at all :P
    ill throw in a louder for one of the mags you have up also

• Advertisement

grapeape wrote: »
    trade you for a lovely kjw sig226 in tan with silencer and case that i got off a very nice boards member a little while ago and havent used it at all :P
    ill throw in a louder for one of the mags you have up also

LOL You sir have a deal, oh man my jaws are killing me here lmao
    To PM's

LOL You sir have a deal, oh man my jaws are killing me here lmao
    To PM's
    I aim to please lol pm sent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭dinko4gr

the polish was done by you or you bought the slide that way ? :D

dinko4gr wrote: »
    the polish was done by you or you bought the slide that way ? :D

It was done by me own fair hands dinko along with another few bits n pieces here's a sample hope you like them ;)

th_DSC_3742.jpg
    th_20012010259.jpg
    th_TopSlidePolished1.jpg
    th_11022010363.jpg

th_23082009587.jpg

It was done by me own fair hands dinko along with another few bits n pieces here's a sample hope you like them ;)

th_DSC_3742.jpg
    th_20012010259.jpg
    th_TopSlidePolished1.jpg
    th_11022010363.jpg

th_23082009587.jpg
    Show off :P:P:D:D:D

• Advertisement

grapeape wrote: »
    Show off :P:P:D:D:D

Who me? God never! :D:D:pac:.....that reminds me I must upload the rest of me photos :)

paint thiner to get the original color off and then sanding paper gradually going more refined ? if not please reveal your secrets master yoda :D

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LOOKHERE

Dont have the money for that :P
    thanks for the quick reply and glws ;)

dinko4gr wrote: »
    paint thiner to get the original color off and then sanding paper gradually going more refined ? if not please reveal your secrets master yoda :D

The paint thinner doesn't do anything for removing the coating I'm afraid, but there are other ways.
    For the hand sanding method, use wet & dry sand paper starting at grades 600/800 then up to 1000, 1200 (1000, 1200 will leave a nice smooth finish), if you want to continue to a highly polished mirror finish you can go to 1800 paper and use a liquid polish (Brasso, Silvo, Briliant or any other type)

To sand flat objects just lay the paper down and run the part back and forth, that will save you getting worn out and cramped hands.
    One important thing to remember is because most airsoft GBBs/AEGs are made from varying alloys you might need to sand some parts more than others to get to a smooth ready for polishing stage.

Also when sanding go in one direction on larger pieces like you would with a wood grain the general idea is to flatten and sand back the tiny pores in the metal this helps with the metal preservation as well as giving a good finish.

If you want to get around all the hand sanding you can use something along the lines of a dremel tool with abrasive buffs (coarse and fine) start with course to remove the anodized coating and use the fine buffs to give you a smooth finish, you can also get buffing wheels for the dremel and polishing compound, the dremel works very well for smaller parts like triggers, hammers, barrels even some topslides plus it is more precise if you want to leave little contrasting areas on the pistol.

If you want to avoid using a dremel you can use a bench mounted motor with buffing wheels.
    The wheels come in various sizes and hardness' from goblet, 4", 6", 8" to huge, the only thing I wouldn't advise is using wire wheels because of the alloys used to make GBBs/AEGs, these alloys can be very soft and the wire wheel just eats into the metal much like using an 80 grit paper on your pistol, this will leave a very uneven surface that just won't look good.
    The only downside to using a bench polishing set up is you will have to disassemble the pistol to work on the small parts like triggers & hammers etc

Personally for stripping the parts I use a palm sander, drum sander and Dremel for the awkward pieces.
    Some people will say use an industrial strength paint remover that's fine but it's messy and you might not want to remove all the coating especially on the inside rail of a topslide plus the matt diffused finish still will need to be sanded to a smooth finish.

When polishing I use a bench grinder with 6" & 8" buffers and polishing compounds, it only takes minutes to polish a piece that has already been sanded/stripped.
    I use two compounds one for flattening and the other for final polishing.

If you get to the polished stage and everything is sparkling you'll want it to stay that way so you can use any wax based product like car polish or even bees wax to seal the metal from the elements.
    Not all polished pieces will need wax it all depends on how smooth the pre-polished metal is and the alloy, again it's all down to closing the microscopic pores in the the metal so a good smooth pre-polished metal will help it to keep it's shine for a long time.
    From time to time you might want to break out the brasso or silvo and give the pieces a good ol cleaning.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions fire away or PM me.

Cheers

All items are now sold, thanks guys.

cheers for the detailed info mate :D i was told by a few guys that used this technique to polish bike frames and they said that paint thiner made the job way easier on the first step when they were using 600/800 paper.

Advertisement