Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf game!

Options
  • 11-07-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Anyone up for a game of werewolf its simple enough and can be hilarious with infighting and acquisitions when the game progresses, would need at least 20 active poster to start the game so let me know

The Rules

At the beginning of the game each player is given a 'role' at random and in secret by myself, the moderator, via PM. Those roles are Villager (good) and Werewolf (evil).

The villagers will greatly outnumber the werewolves — in a 21 player game for example there will only be 3 werewolves — and the aim of the villagers is to identify and kill all the werewolves before the werewolves can kill enough villagers so that (#of wolves = #of villagers).

How are players killed?
    Each 'turn' of the game will last 24hrs and also represents one 'day' of gametime, thus a game will go on for several days before it is concluded. There are two 'phases' to every turn of the game;

Night Phase - 10pm to 10am: When the werewolves secretly decide amongst themselves, via PM communication, which villager (one per night) that they shall slaughter and kill and then each inform the moderator of their vote via PM.

Day Phase - 10am to 10pm: After the slaughter has been announced, everybody, villagers and werewolves alike, discusses and ultimately votes publicly in the game-thread upon which player (one per day) that they shall lynch and kill.

Obviously during the day the villagers will want the group to vote for and lynch a werewolf, whilst the werewolves themselves will want not to be lynched; herein lies the fundamental strategy of the game; can the villagers identify the werewolves whilst at the same time convincing the rest of the group that they're not themselves a werewolf? And can the werewolves convince the group that they're not wolves at all and thus avoid being lynched?

Special Roles
    To help the villagers out in their decision, some of them will be given special roles, there will be one of each per game. These roles are as follows:

Seer: the seer has the ability to PM the moderator once per turn and ask him 'Is X a werewolf?' to which the moderator will answer truthfully yes or no.

Priest: the priest will learn the roles of any players killed in the game.

Witness: the witness selects another player (has to be different each turn) to follow, if that player is killed during the night then the witness learns the identity of one of the werewolves. If the witness selects a werewolf then he/she learns nothing, because werewolves are too crafty to be followed, and if he ever does witness a killing then he becomes, for the remainder of the game, a normal villager.

Players given these roles can announce them to the group if so desired, as can any player announce anything to the group really (in a game of Werewolf lying and deception is encouraged), but beware, doing so would likely make you a prime target for slaughter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Eh?

That's what the villager said.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What do we win??

The Euromilions I pressume??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

ermmm sure why not

*puts on sheep costume *

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

BluesBerry wrote: »
    ermmm sure why not

*puts on sheep costume *

*Enter Farmer brown wearing his Lucky wellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

OP are you father Noel Furlong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Can I be a Werewolf??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

tl:dr

Where's the beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Fangs, but no fangs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Howard Finkel

Werewolf game is good craic.

People on here will be too thick for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Warren Zevon vid embedded in 5...4...3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Ah i get it! The real predator is the priest!!

Il be him.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Gilda Fortune

Can i be the werewolfs love interest?

Im not a virgin but i have big boobs and I know how to put on demure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Thats not very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

You'll probably get a better response over on the RPG forum tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

1) Who's winning so far?

2) Do I have to wait for the next Boards beers before I can attack someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Im not a virgin but i have big boobs and I know how to put on demure

do ye know how to put on de kettle?

Also: pics etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm sure it's easier than it seems...... surely.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Too orangey for werewolves....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i am not going to lie. it sounds shit. sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Why only villagers?

Surely there's a place for a rakish, handsome, young aristocrat from the big house who has his way the villagewomen as and when he pleases?

Oh, and because he's a Lord he doesn't have to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

If I was a villager could I not absolutely kick the ****e out of some pussy-ass half a dog?

Sounds like a bit of a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't know how well this will work in a public forum.. Particularly this one. Noc forum might be a good place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

ANOTHER SPECIAL ROLE:

Boardsie:

Once a night, can blast a random villager with piss. If the villager drowns then they're human, but if they survive they're a werewolf.

Once a turn can also cast begrudgery. This allows them to accuse anyone they don't like or are jealous of of being a werewolf. The werewolf has to admit it if they are a werewolf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Gilda Fortune

Why only villagers?

Surely there's a place for a rakish, handsome, young aristocrat from the big house who has his way the villagewomen as and when he pleases?

Oh, and because he's a Lord he doesn't have to play the game.

Can i also be your love interest? some kinda fight would ensue with you and the werewolf regarding my honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

The game is now called Paedophile
    .....Obviously during the day the villagers will want the group to vote for and lynch a Paedophile, whilst the Paedophiles themselves will want not to be lynched; herein lies the fundamental strategy of the game; can the villagers identify the Paedophiles whilst at the same time convincing the rest of the group that they're not themselves a Paedophile? And can the Paedophiles convince the group that they're not Paedophiles at all and thus avoid being lynched?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

A tad confusing but I'm sure all will be cleared up.

Throw my name down anyway I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

How about we get the Villagers(band) and throw them to Werewolves??

Now thats a game I would play.

• Advertisement

drool-a4b6fb43806a885d27960ef4fe27d6c8.gif

QED really.

Advertisement