Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnout Crash

Options
  • 08-07-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Surprised to see Criterion working on this. Didn't think they'd put their name on it :confused: According to the ratio of Likes/Dislikes, many others agree. Was I silly for expecting the full Crash experience from Burnouts of olde, instead of an iPhone top-down... thing?

Obviously this is the Kinect "mini game", since you have to jump to explode, but according to the released screenshots, the main game will have the same graphics and mechanics. Or, the whole game is Kinect-compatible, and there's an extra mini game for Kinect folk which we haven't seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Am I the only one who's getting real tired of being excited over the idea of a new game being released, only to have my dreams crushed by the word "Kinect"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

deathrider wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's getting real tired of being excited over the idea of a new game being released, only to have my dreams crushed by the word "Kinect"?
    Nooooope.

I cringe every time I hear that word.

I'm just going to ignore that it's getting tacked onto my favourite games. (Mass Effect 3 :( )

But, that's another argument. Let's not de-rail this into a Kinect discussion.

My problem with this isn't Kinect at all. It's that the graphics look average, the gameplay looks... un-fun (to me!), and I can't believe they're sticking the Burnout name on it. To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if that was a 99c iPhone game. That's not even a dig at the developers, it's just showing how indie games can match the big names. Still, no way in hell am I paying €10/15 for that

*Boots up Burnout 3*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It looks like a throw-back to PS1 games (Roadster... at least I think it was called Roadster, and GTA spring to mind), but it doesn't look like much fun.

EDIT: Actually, it was Seedster that I was thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Damn, I thought it was a mobile game! :o

I was surprised by the amount of negative comments, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That just looks sheite to be honest. Another reason for me not to get Kinect (aside from not having a spare hangar to play in...)

• Advertisement

So, the PR guys are trying to spin it that Crash was intentionally left out of Paradise for this. Paradise was released in 2008. They started working on this in 2010.

You'd think that, in 3 years, a small team could have created a 3D version of the proper Crash mode we all know and love

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-11-why-crash-mode-wasnt-in-burnout-paradise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Get off the fence Healium! Do you like the game or not? ;););)

Only messing, I have to agree with you 100%, when I heard about this game I was hoping for a full 3D arcade title with just the Crash levels from Burnout, not a micro machines version.

That said, I will try the demo anyways, and give it a shot when ever it appears on XBLA.

Advertisement