Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now with 56% more evil...GSL Season 3 (16/7/11) Limerick

Options
  • 04-07-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

It has returned...and has brought a new game with it. Season 3 of the Glacial Super League will get underway on Saturday, 16 July. Come one, come all; let's have a good time.

D4RK ONION is reigning two times champion, can he make it three in a row? Will some outsiders crash the party once more? :D Will we see new and old faces side by side?

Important Info:
    Moviedrome on Henry St, Limerick is the venue once again. From 1-4 on Saturday 16 July, 2011. Map

Game:
    Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition

Cost:
    Session will cost €8. This covers tournament, raffle entry and casuals.

Prize fund:
    One overall money pot now. €3 per session per player will go into the fund for the end of season. Top 3 get a payout. Once again, a raffle prize will be up for grabs; each attendee gets one ticket per session attended.

2nd: 12
    3rd: 10
    4th: 8
    5th-8th: 6
    8th-16th: 3
    16th-xth: 1

Format:
    Straight-up league. Everyone plays everyone in a best-of-three match.

🤪

Will you be there? 8 votes

Oni too delighted...
    0% 0 votes
    I am awakening my true potential elsewhere
    75% 6 votes
    Maybe........
    25% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Very unlikely I'll be able to get to many of these again I'm afraid, but I shall see what I can do!

Also, I assume it's supposed to be 16 July there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Bus + tournament = <25e

I hopefully will make at least half of these if not more.

Only an hour and a half to limerick and a bus leaves for home half hour after the end of the tourney.

Surely I won't be left to go on my own to disgrace the Cork players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sairus wrote: »
    Very unlikely I'll be able to get to many of these again I'm afraid, but I shall see what I can do!

Also, I assume it's supposed to be 16 July there :P

Dammit! I only changed one of the wrong dates.....Yes, JULY 16th :) Hope to see you at least once over the course of the season though.
    mackg wrote: »
    Bus + tournament = <25e

I hopefully will make at least half of these if not more.

Only an hour and a half to limerick and a bus leaves for home half hour after the end of the tourney.

Surely I won't be left to go on my own to disgrace the Cork players.

Hope to see you up here. I'm sure a couple of the lads will venture up once in a while.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I too shall see what I can do as well but no promises here either.

Keepin' the fingers crossed!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Read in the paper today that Limerick is in dire meed of some...

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

Mistification!

I think we're owed some Misty VLog action too :)

🤪

Promotional video - catch up on what's happened so far...Some trivia included.

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm Dublins best, hear that? FU Hound and Dreddy :D

You may want to include somewhere in the first post that this is in Limerick. After conventions there tends to be an influx of new blood who may be from around your parts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I took the liberty of doing so.

Good point guys. And thanks DooM.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

lol cheers for the compliment Doom but I'm nowhere near the best in Dublin. Good video Sabre!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Never got to season 2 over work so that permitting ill try make all that i can this time around. Nice vid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mark, that video was hype! Can't wait for the first session :)

I started playing DeeJay at the start of GSL2. Am debating whether to debut a new character at the start of GSL3 :D . Have been practicing with 3 new potential mains, one being further advanced than the others. Oh the fun :pac::pac::pac:

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I started playing DeeJay at the start of GSL2. Am debating whether to debut a new character at the start of GSL3 :D . Have been practicing with 3 new potential mains, one being further advanced than the others. Oh the fun :pac::pac::pac:

Similar...I've no idea what to do and I feel like I've gotten worse in general!

🤪

Foolishly forgot to make poll public. Anyone want to volunteer where their thoughts are at? I will be there...

🤪

I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

So will I. Demonstrating to all that my love of Mike Ross does not translate into a decent Honda :)

• Advertisement

Alas I can't shift my Japanese lesson this week so I won't be up. Hopefully I will for the next session though.

No worries Sairus. Plenty of opportunities to come :)

🤪

I'll be sure to come down and beat y'all twice as bad at a later session to make up for lost time.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sairus wrote: »
    Alas I can't shift my Japanese lesson this week so I won't be up. Hopefully I will for the next session though.

Sairus wa Limerick ni ikimasen! Boooo :P

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

I'll be there this time. How could I not be

Will be good to have you up again Matt! Looking forward to this. Unfortunately our reigning Season Champion (D4RK ONION) and Session Champion (Generic_Name) are occupied elsewhere......Gives the rest of us a little bit of a head start :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Will be good to have you up again Matt! Looking forward to this. Unfortunately our reigning Season Champion (D4RK ONION) and Session Champion (Generic_Name) are occupied elsewhere......Gives the rest of us a little bit of a head start :)

well that's natural. they knew I was coming so they hide :p
    do we have a confirmation on how many are coming

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

i would love to go there ! is there any buses or anything that are going there? if i find a way to get there im in !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

If you're coming from Dublin, train is probably the best bet. Fairly easy walk from the train station to the venue. (Although that may be the bus station as well. But buses are uncomfortable.)

I can't make this one anyway. Will try to get down for at least one session. Gotta try and recreate that dublin 1-2-...not three :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be there bitches :D

Advertisement