Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer/Guitarist/Bassist looking for a classic rock/metal band

Options
  • 27-06-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Hey I've posted on here loads looking for a band and have had some luck but still didn't get a band that worked out.

After a break from band looking i'm gonna try again.

I'm 21, live in lusk (north co. dublin). I'm a singer, guitarist and bassist. I kinda just want to join a band in which I just do one of the above. Although if needed i can play and sing, can't do guitar and bass though :P darn shame

Anyway enough faffing about. I listen to mostly older rock and metal music, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Guns n Roses etc. I do also listen to newer stuff like Foo Fighters and The Killers etc but I prefer older.

I've been singing since forever (cliché lol) I have a great range. I can go to about baritone range at lowest and pushing female soprano range at highest. In laymens terms I can sing kinda low and super high.

Guitar wise been playing for about 5 years and am at an intermediate level. I prefer to play lead but I'm far from a shredder, at least not yet. Got a Marshall TSL head and Marshall 4 x 12 and Blackstar 2 x 12.

Bass wise been playing for about 2 years. I can play with fingers but i'm more comfortable with plectrum. Haven't got a bass amp yet but am saving up for one hoping to have it in about a month.

I am willing to travel but it's different which each, only singing I could pretty much travel anywhere in dublin and nearly drogheda and dundalk too if near train station. Guitar and Bass i'm kinda limiting that to north co. dublin and maybe city centre. I am hoping to have a car and license within next 6 months though and if I do it'll mean I can travel further.

Anyway thank you to anyone who read this ad. It took me a good while to write so hopefully with effort I can find a decent band. I would prefer to find an already formed band but i'll what if any replies I get. Also if you want to hear me singing/playing i'll gladly send a recording on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

bump

and up again

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Hey man, still looking?

I'm not in a band, I know how it feels to have them fall through again...and again...and again. One time we broke up because our drummer moved on to classical drumming! The trick is you have to keep trying.

I'm in north county Dublin too, malahide to be exact. I've written stuff and I have my own material on iTunes and YouTube. Here's a link to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/felixbuzz

I'm 19 and also eager to get a proper band going. How would you feel about starting one from scratch? I'm extremely dedicated, I'm the one who got all my old bands together, many times with a lot of the same people; no matter how many times they fell through.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Pawsome54

Hi,

How have i not seen your posts before? haha Listen pal your exactly what we're looking for, great set of influences there! We need someone to play bass and sing with us, mainly for a strong harmony backing vocals section, but if you're good enough then there's definitely room for gettin a shared lead singer thing goin.

The bands called Silverbird, we're Dublin based rock band, in the past we've played Oxegen (2009 on the IMRO stage), supported the Dubliners, Aslan, Republic of Loose, Eric Bell and Brian Downey (the only 2 surviving original members of Thin Lizzy) and also the Coronas (though we tend to downplay that one a bit ha)

You can have a listen to our stuff here: http://soundcloud.com/silverbird-1
    If your into the old school rock sound listen to Burnout and After You in particular.

As it stands, we have a drummer, a lead guitarist/backing vocalist and a rhythm guitarist/singer. So you would be coming in to complete the line-up and bring it to a 4-piece again, but as soon as we sort out a bass player we're gonna look at getting in a fifth member too for extra bits and pieces like keys, backing vocals and sometimes a third guitar (so that we would have 2 guitars playing lead harmonies and an acoustic guitar playing rhythm, gets really full sound, think of bands like Boston and Blue Oyster Cult).

If ya want a basic run-down of our influences, they'd be mainly Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Maiden, Boston, The Beatles, The Eagles, Oasis, Led Zeppelin etc. etc.

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon. Any chance I could hear your playing? Any links at all will do, guitar, bass, singing etc.

Email me on paulmorrin1@live.com if you're interested.

Cheers bud,

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 jfk316

Check pm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Pawsome54

jfk316 wrote: »
    Check pm :pac:
    ???

email me on paulmorrin1@live.com if possible, thanks

and up again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Pawsome54 wrote: »
    ???
    He means check your private messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

Hey man, were a band looking for a singer. Have you got any stuff online I could listen to? :)

• Advertisement

bump and pm sent

bump again

bump

bump

bump (one of these days it'll work)

bump

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭seanypants

pm'd

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Interested in vocalist or bassist position?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73245075

• Advertisement

Interested in vocalist or bassist position?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73245075

sorry but celbridge is a bit of a stretch for me as i don't have a car yet

and up again

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭100cormacio100

pm sent

Advertisement