Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry, pay me for my six bullocks?

Options
  • 23-06-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

i was heading into town from corrandulla, on the headford road when i saw a older gentleman cycling towards galway with a sign on his back and front saying "gerry pay me for my six bullocks"

when i first saw it i thought it said gerry pay me for my bollocks(goes to show my dirty mind!)

not making this up, most random thing i ever seen :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

wow.

that's sad, crazy and classic all at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

I saw him too - high-vis vest with " Gerry pay me for my 6 bullocks" on it. Gas. Would love to know what that's about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I guess Gerry bought six bullocks from said gent and didn't pay him.

Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Why did you not ask him OP?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

snubbleste wrote: »

Surely it would have been irresponsible and dangerous to ask him while he's cycling on the headford road.

• Advertisement

Mactard wrote: »
    Surely it would have been irresponsible and dangerous to ask him while he's cycling on the headford road.

How so? The OP could cycle alongside him and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've got mates from there, will ask tonight.
    Note, if this is part of an ongoing court case boards will not allow discussion (it could be contempt of court).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

How so? The OP could cycle alongside him and ask.

Did the OP say she cycling?

Logically it's unlikely the OP was cycling, if she was she would have said so - similar to how she had said that the older gentleman was cycling.

How would it be logical? The OP may have been walking.

How would it be logical? The OP may have been walking.

She stated she was coming from corrandulla, that's a 3-ish hour trek by foot, it's logical to assume she was using some form of motorised transportation

• Advertisement

She stated she was coming from corrandulla, that's a 3-ish hour trek by foot, it's logical to assume she was using some form of motorised transportation

How so? Cyclists use that route, people do walk for 3 hours. The OP has failed to clarify the method of transprt s/he was using, so my question still stands as to why s/he did not query this man on his advertisement.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How so? Cyclists use that route, people do walk for 3 hours. The OP has failed to clarify the method of transprt s/he was using, so my question still stands as to why s/he did not query this man on his advertisement.

You're like a dog with a bone on this snubbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Less of the squabbleing,more Clouseau detective work to get to the bottom of this,surely we can comment on the allegations.Gerry better give the feckin bullocks back or else trade him for that fine album"Never mind the B*llocks".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

In the meantime don't sell any bullocks to anyone called Gerry!

Logical reasoning would suggest the OP was driving/being driven, as such she could not have asked the old cycling gentleman about his advertisement as to do so would be irresponsible and dangerous.

Certainly the OP could have walked, it is possible, however this would be an illogical primary conclusion to jump to due to the lengthy distance on unsafe roads she would have had to travel.

The OP could have cycled, it is a possibility, but as she had highlighted that the old gentleman was cycling while not mentioning that she was herself cycling it is unlikely. Why would she feel the need to differentiate her method of transportation by saying: I was heading to town, but he was cycling to galway if they were both cycling? This too would be an illogical primary conclusion to jump to.

Another scenario is that the OP flew by private helicopter to town, it is a possibility, but it is unlikely. It would be difficult to read the old gentleman's advertisement from the air, the OP would needlessly be mentioning that she travelled along the headford road - none the less it is possible that she flew by helicopter, this is unlikely and illogical.

Thank you for your time, my apologies to the OP and all those reading for this massive divergence. I, like snubbleste, will now wait to hear from the OP to uncover the mystery of the method of transportation she used.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Maybe he should simply take his bullocks back.

He could put them on a leash behind his bicycle and run them home, with a sign on his back:

"Up yours, Gerry, you c&*t"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

from your smartass answers i take it you dont think that this is worthy of a thread. Well seeing as this bizarre/humorous sighting is providing amusement to a lot of boardsies and you are the only one acting like a tosser you are well out numbered so please move along

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That's just like Gerry too. Paint my chicken Coup!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

The Advertiser has picked this up! From their Facebook :

http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10150242987546941&id=323864916940&refid=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Bosco boy wrote: »

Righto but it might be a good time to buy six off him cheap....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

alwaysadub wrote: »
    The Advertiser has picked this up! From their Facebook :

http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10150242987546941&id=323864916940&refid=0

The Galway advertiser reading boards for access to local news scoops........... I never would have expected it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

I seen this yesterday too. There was a line of about twenty cars behind him coming into Corrandulla at 6pm

If only I could have stopped to take a photo :D

Bosco boy wrote: »
    i would suggest not to sell anything to any one any where called Gerry until this matter is resolved,you cant be to careful these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Its amazing the amount of bull being talked in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Gerry is an innocent man

Gerry is an innocent man
    If thats you Gerry give the man his bullocks back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If ever there was a thread that AbSofckuningLootly belonged in the Galway County forum then this is it. :cool:

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If ever there was a thread that AbSofckuningLootly belonged in the Galway County forum then this is it. :cool:
    Not sophisticated enough for you?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

tipptom wrote: »
    Not sophisticated enough for you?.
    I'll keep it really simples for you Tipper. When did you last see a Bullock in Galway City and where hallucinogenics were not involved.??:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marcia Lustley

Logical reasoning would suggest the OP was driving/being driven, as such she could not have asked the old cycling gentleman about his advertisement as to do so would be irresponsible and dangerous.

Certainly the OP could have walked, it is possible, however this would be an illogical primary conclusion to jump to due to the lengthy distance on unsafe roads she would have had to travel.

The OP could have cycled, it is a possibility, but as she had highlighted that the old gentleman was cycling while not mentioning that she was herself cycling it is unlikely. Why would she feel the need to differentiate her method of transportation by saying: I was heading to town, but he was cycling to galway if they were both cycling? This too would be an illogical primary conclusion to jump to.

Another scenario is that the OP flew by private helicopter to town, it is a possibility, but it is unlikely. It would be difficult to read the old gentleman's advertisement from the air, the OP would needlessly be mentioning that she travelled along the headford road - none the less it is possible that she flew by helicopter, this is unlikely and illogical.

Thank you for your time, my apologies to the OP and all those reading for this massive divergence. I, like snubbleste, will now wait to hear from the OP to uncover the mystery of the method of transportation she used.

very good, that made chuckle :)
    I was driving. thought i'd clear that up!!

it probably does belong in the galway county forum but sure it happened literally five minutes out the headford road so don't hold that against me :D

What did the advertiser say about it? I'm not on facebook and you need to log in with that link

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement