Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Trajet 2003 Immobiliser fault

Options
  • 21-06-2011 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

While driving the car the Immobiliser light came on solid. Once I parked the car and switched off the engine I could not restart the car. No lights come on in the dashboard when I turned the ignition. Checked the owners manual and it advised an immobiliser fault. Rang local Hyundai dealer and was advised I need to have the car towed to the main dealer to have the immobiliser reset. Will cost quite a bit to do this. Is there any way to over-ride this or reset this, or disable the immobiliser altogether
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

If you have a spare key, try it.

If no joy try the key in the ignition.

Locked/unlocked the door 5 times in a row with the remote. This reset the immobilizer. This helped with a Volvo, might be worth trying too.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Have you two sets of keys? Try this below. Click it for instructions. If you have a diesel you have to visit the main dealers:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hallig

Tks for the help, unfortunately the suggestions don't work on the Hyundai. Have to tow it to a main dealer & see what they charge to fix this fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Thats a pity, hopefully they won't be too hard on your pocket.

Lets us know how you get on.

Advertisement