Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC ps3

Options
  • 18-06-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Lads

Just got UPC and it's been working fine all day but just now it won't connect.I get an error "this is a DNS error"(80710102)

Under suggested actions it says I should enter my pppoe user name and password.I didn't need to enter it earlier and I've no idea what it is.only have UPC today

Any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

its the password and your network name. the upc guy/gal who set it up should have asked you to provide these for security setup...probably wrote them down somewhere too (leaflet/manual). if you cant get it you will have to ring/e-mail UPC customer service - DO NOT CALL FROM A MOBILE unless you are a millionare, and make youself a big cuppa...expect to be on hold a loooonng time. :mad:

failing that.... http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/1593193?start=0&tstart=0

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

dan hibiki wrote: »
    its the password and your network name. the upc guy/gal who set it up should have asked you to provide these for security setup...probably wrote them down somewhere too (leaflet/manual). if you cant get it you will have to ring/e-mail UPC customer service - DO NOT CALL FROM A MOBILE unless you are a millionare, and make youself a big cuppa...expect to be on hold a loooonng time. :mad:

failing that.... http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/1593193?start=0&tstart=0
    Cheers fir the reply
    Can't find the crap the UPC dude left for me so I'll ring them on the company mobile:)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

i had this problem with gran turismo,its the dns server ,not sure how it works but something like some games dont like two servers or something .

i rang upc but they cant help ,because the dns is not a fixed thing with them it changes all the time ,so i googled the problem and there are sites around that will give you a dns address you can use i found one on a forum .

so all you do is go to network settings do all automatic ,but when you get to dns servers do this one manually and Change your Primary DNS on your PS3 to 204.50.103.151. i put this in and it works fine now .

or there is a site called imperium that gives out dns server addresses

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

groomek wrote: »
    Lads

Just got UPC and it's been working fine all day but just now it won't connect.I get an error "this is a DNS error"(80710102)

Under suggested actions it says I should enter my pppoe user name and password.I didn't need to enter it earlier and I've no idea what it is.only have UPC today

Any advice

PPPOE is not required for UPC. It is generally used with DSL, ie. Eircom. You shouldn't be having a problem with UPC's DNS so you may need to call them. I'm with UPC and dont use their DNS due to intermitent drops which can sometimes disconnect you from a game. I use open DNS myself. As stated above click manual when doing your internet connection on your PS3. Click on automatic until you reach DNS. Click manual and use primary DNS as 208.67.222.222 and secondary as 208.67.220.220. I have not had any problems with any games using these.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Or you can use Google DNS 8.8.8.8

• Advertisement
Advertisement