Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPv6 Deployment

Options
  • 13-06-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

When is eircom going to upgrade there 4 DNS Servers (that i know of) to Support DNSv6.
    IPv6 test shows 10/10 n 9/10 without OpenDNS enabled.
    I would pefer u's to upgrade the DNS Servers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tungsten Tide

Ok. A answer Please. For those about thinking on IPv6 Deployment. Read These.
    IPv6-Action-Plan
    IPv6 Twitter thread
    HOWTO: IPv6 via tunneling (6in4)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

When is eircom going to upgrade there 4 DNS Servers (that i know of) to Support DNSv6.

As fair as I know, Eircom have done several test days of IPv6 and DNSv6. They are ready for it AFAIK, and when the time comes, a permanent switchover can be made.

roast wrote: »
    As fair as I know, Eircom have done several test days of IPv6 and DNSv6. They are ready for it AFAIK, and when the time comes, a permanent switchover can be made.

They could switch it on now if they wanted to. See HERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

They could switch it on now if they wanted to. See HERE.

Yes, if they wanted to. For the vast majority of customers, there is no requirement to do so yet.

EDIT: Just as an FYI, that list you linked to is quite inaccurate. There are some ISPs on that list which are marked as not IPv6-ready, when in fact they are.

roast wrote: »
    Yes, if they wanted to. For the vast majority of customers, there is no requirement to do so yet.

EDIT: Just as an FYI, that list you linked to is quite inaccurate. There are some ISPs on that list which are marked as not IPv6-ready, when in fact they are.

I knew that but its a starting point for another thread entitled - Is your ISP IPv6 Supported?
    Someone will make 1 u will see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Tungsten
    I have the following information re Iv6

eircom has been looking at the issues of IPv6 for several years and we expect that we will be in production for IPv6 later this year. We are currently trialling new addresses internally where there is a ‘dual stack’ that provides both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses to ensure that customers will be able to get to Internet content which hasn’t upgraded and can no longer reach IPv4 addresses.

I have been advised that we should have more information on this soon though.
    Tony

Advertisement