Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sindo shines once again!

Options
  • 01-06-2011 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

This has to win the prize for most shameless piece of promotion ever:

Chloe's burning ambition -- and dedication to her tragic boyfriend Rory

Lovely Chloe Brennan, 15, who has her sights firmly set on being an international supermodel, has been going through almost unbearable trauma during the past few weeks, having lost her boyfriend, Rory, to the ravages of cancer at the age of just 15.

Chloe's pain is intense, but her heart goes out to his family, who have been visited with such tragedy far too early in life. She intends to dedicate her modelling career to Rory's memory, in the belief that he will inspire her, and that he is determined that she should do well. But, difficult though it is, life goes on; Chloe faces into the Junior Certificate next week and she has temporarily stopped work in her mother Mary McNulty's unique Déjà Vu 'gently worn' boutique in Ranelagh (opposite the Luas station. She knows Rory is with her all the way. "What more can I say. I know it," says Chloe, who is wearing an Aideen Bodkin dress from Déjà Vu.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2poqk2v.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Her parents should have their child taken off them and brought back into the real world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Good luck to her.

She'll need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

They always have some woman on the front page, usually talking about their plans to be a model.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Does "gently worn" mean they sell rags in the boutique?
    If so, you should be able to find the Sindo in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bit harsh on her to be honest.

What do you want her to do? She's only a kid.

Shame on the paper but no need to give her dogs abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

What's was the number of that shop again? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 marcusgunn

This is a horrifying piece of journalism.
    Shame on all involved. What is the newsworthiness of all these random pieces of information?
    And as for the quote at the end! "what more can I say, I don't know?"
    What the Fcuk?

:mad:

Does "gently worn" mean they sell rags in the boutique?
    If so, you should be able to find the Sindo in there.

I must see can I sell some of my books and CD's on Ebay now. However instead of listing them as "used/second hand" I'll say "gently read" and "gently listened to".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Maybe I've misinterpreted the article but that's fecked up. Trying to use the death of someone as a profit making tool and it's not for charity? That's obscene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

It's what Rory would have wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sindo in tacky article shocker - why its Deja Vu all over again.

It's what Rory would have wanted.

I'm sure he would have wanted to live. But this is a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I doubt anyone reading that would mistake for actual journalism

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Not much of a shop if they don't even have landline tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Fcuking Rag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

just when i thought the indo couldnt get any worse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

If I was his parents I'd be freaked. Would definitely be paying Chloe and the family a visit for an explanation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Thats bad bad bad.
    Someone needs a good slap for that, would love to know who exactly is behind it and how it ever got past an editor.
    Is it just me or does it look like she is Irish dancing?
    Dancing on his .......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

If she wants to be a model, all she needs to do is stand on Grafton Street, in her pants holding a bag of Tayto. That's how the rest of them do it over here, isn't it?

ArtyM wrote: »
    would love to know who exactly is behind it and how it ever got past an editor.

It reads like the sort of infotainment Alison O'Riordan might have come out with, except there's too many big words and things like paragraphs in it etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

It's like something out of The Onion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I don't buy it so I deeply regret that I somehow end up passively inhaling some of its rank contents via AH every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

dusgusting really, I mean come on for ****s sake

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Really reads like the usual wannabe model/clothes shop advert that often graces the pages of that paper. Sounds to me like they enquired of the young one if she had any sob story/angle and then ran with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Enough of this "lovely girls" and "Irish models" crap. The sindo makes me sick to my stomach, but this crosses the line. (btw, none of these 'lovely girls' can ever do anything more then place their hands on their hips and pose for a twix promo, but thats another rant for another post..:mad:)
    I'm sure she was upset about losing her boyfriend but this is pure exploitation, and I blame the parents and journalists more then anything as they're the 'adults' in this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

prinz wrote: »
    Really reads like the usual wannabe model/clothes shop advert that often graces the pages of that paper. Sounds to me like they enquired of the young one if she had any sob story/angle and then ran with it..

It literally reeks of:

[scene: ladies lunching]
    Shop owner: business is terrible dear
    Friend who works for the Indo: let me see if I can whip up some free publicity for you darling. I might even get an article out of it if we can find an angle.
    Shop owner: Well, this guy my daughter knows just died of cancer, would that help?

Actually, I'm starting to fee sorry for the kid. As much as I believe 15-year-olds know what they're doing, I highly doubt she has any idea of the shítstorm that is about to descend upon her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Aldebaran wrote: »
    It's like something out of The Onion.
    Yeah true - I lolled actually at the "She intends to dedicate her modelling career to his memory", the advertising of her mother's shop - complete with address, phone number and mention of the dress she was wearing from it, and the "What more can I say. I know it" bits... they look that close to parody.

Staggeringly horrible... The kid herself, ok, not as bad as her mother/the SIndo, but meh, seems cynical enough for 15 tbh - the fact that she'd take part like...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

I could understand if they just casually name-dropped the shop, seeing as she did work there, but to give precise location details ('Ranelagh...opposite the Luas station') and a contact phone number shows just how despicable these people are.

Out of interest, has anyone tried to ring the mobile number and maybe ask for an explanation? (Yes, I know we have no right to ask that, nor should she even entertain these requests, but it would be interesting to hear what she has to say).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

For reason I'd feel less fucked off by this if it was found out "Rory" didn't actually exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

That is literally the worst thing i've ever read in a newspaper. The sindo sinks to a new low.

You know its bad when even a sindo journalist is too embarrassed to put their name to an article...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement