Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to 806. 2fm. Tonight 7pm.

Options
  • 30-05-2011 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Oh my...

It makes me feel queezy hearing it advertised for LC2011 today.

Remembering hearing them for the last at least 3years.

Butterflies.

Anyway, heard it advertised, thought I'd let y'all know. Starting with English tonight at 7pm I do believe. :)

I'll have the pen&paper ready.

Best of luck with it y'all. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

was just about to make a thread about this :D

Should be could, hope to pick up a few tips :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

What is it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

http://www.rte.ie/exams/countdownto806.html

Countdown to 806 will be onair on 2FM from Monday 30th May. Every night from 7-8pm, you can ask our expert teachers for advice, read their notes online and listen to our full show podcasts. We’ll also have exclusive interviews with celebs from every industry to give you a glimpse into the wonderful life after the Leaving Cert. And if you need a bit of stress relief, you can check out our fun forum or vote for the inspirational song! Paddy will be waiting for your all your texts, tweets, calls and emails to the show. In the meantime keep listening to 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

How do you download the podcasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

nommm wrote: »
    How do you download the podcasts?

+1 would like to get ahold of these

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jimkekk

IfUSeekAmy wrote: »
    Oh my...

It makes me feel queezy hearing it advertised for LC2011 today.

Remembering hearing them for the last at least 3years.

Butterflies.

Anyway, heard it advertised, thought I'd let y'all know. Starting with English tonight at 7pm I do believe. :)

I'll have the pen&paper ready.

Best of luck with it y'all. :)
    Re countdown 806 .It's about maths on wed night .There is also free maths notes on the 2fm 806 website .You can also take part in a web chat after the show.
    I will be listening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wazzarooney

Does anyone know the entire schedule? Like what they'll be discussing each night?

Does anyone know the entire schedule? Like what they'll be discussing each night?
    If you check the 2fm website they give the Schedule .I know that it is maths on Wed 1st and again on Thurs 9th and Friday the 10th .
    I think Geog is on the 9th and Irish is on the 10th .
    John Brennan is speaking on maths I have heard him before( my sister did LCert last year) he is excellent lots of sound advice not just waffell .
    He does not give tips but takes lots of questions .He usually has smart ways of answering questions .
    I will be listening . There is talk of a web chat after the show when teachers will answer lots more questions .
    Good Luck in the Leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭augmented reality

Can you downloads the podcasts? Can't find them on iTunes at all, only ones from last year.

Can you downloads the podcasts? Can't find them on iTunes at all, only ones from last year.
    I expect there ill be podcast starting this week as most of the advice is starting this week .
    Maths tonight 7-8pm text your questions ,they love lots of questions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

There better be loads of predictions! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

There appears to be no podcasts on the website? Anybody able to point me in the right direction?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

Podcasts are on the facebook page people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

http://www.rte.ie/exams/

Can get the podcasts at the side of this page aswell.

Also:
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_countdownto806.xml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fitz133

Hey guys, all the Countdown to 806 Podcasts are online now. Either check out www.rte.ie/exams or go onto the Facebook page Countdown to 806, 2fm

Todays - 2nd June - Home Ec, Economics and Physics

Tomorrow will feature Irish, Chemistry and Accounting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

Was Economics tonight?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Was Economics tonight?!
    It was the 31st of May, according to the podcasts. But don't worry, the podcasts are up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

As fitz133 said Irish, Chemistry & Accouting will be covered tonight and Paddy will be joined by Sinead Kennedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

jumpguy wrote: »
    It was the 31st of May, according to the podcasts. But don't worry, the podcasts are up. :)

Thanks! Thats annoying, I remember Paddy only advertised French and Business for that show so I didnt tune in.. at least I can access Economics now, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

Whats that all about on the facebook page about free the 3 or something?

• Advertisement
Advertisement