Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving instructors in Castlebar

Options
  • 17-05-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

does anyone have an opinion on a good driving instructor in Castlebar. As in, one that will help student pass the test first time !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Sweeney School of Motoring Mayo
    Driving Instructor: Neasa Sweeney

Neasa, very professional and friendly young lady to train with.
    Do your research, there are a few barnacles out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Marineinsitute

Neworder79 wrote: »
    Sweeney School of Motoring Mayo
    Driving Instructor: Neasa Sweeney
    Phone No: (086) xxxx164

Neasa, very professional and friendly young lady to train with.

Do your research, there are a few barnacles out there.

Your not allowed to advertise numbers. I can recommend a far better instructor. I'll pm you the number.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Used Butler school of motoring myself. Found him great. Passed on 1st attempt as did my wife, my brother, sister and 2 sister in laws :)

Or else we are all just good drivers! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I had lessons with Michael from the Golden Rule Driving School.

I found him great, he put me at ease straight away. And I passed 1st time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I used michael from Idrive and passed first time after only 3 lessons and pre test with him. Used girl from Irish School of motoring before that who was beyond useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭irishgeo

you cant beat Tony Leneghan, Leneghans Driving School

brilliant instructor and i passed first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Michael from iDrive is excellent. Me and many of my friends have used him and all have passed first time. I can't recommend him enough.

iDrive School of Motoring

Some testimonials on site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

irishgeo wrote: »
    you cant beat Tony Leneghan, Leneghans Driving School

brilliant instructor and i passed first time.

Agreed, he's based in Swinford but excellent. I passed mine with him (second time, but my own fault-long story)

Agreed, he's based in Swinford but excellent. I passed mine with him (second time, but my own fault-long story)

he told me to cancel my first test as i would fail. i was doing lessons in galway and had the test booked in castlebar and i needed a few lessons in castlebar to get the test route in my head . so i rebooked the test and got more lessons with tony and passed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Leneghan is top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 lydsie

hey,

I did my test with Tony. Great instructor. Passed first time. Would anyone have his number as my cousin would like to start taking lessons with him now? Lost all my old numbers..gurr!!

Thank you in advance:D

lydsie wrote: »
    hey,

I did my test with Tony. Great instructor. Passed first time. Would anyone have his number as my cousin would like to start taking lessons with him now? Lost all my old numbers..gurr!!

Thank you in advance:D

pm sent

Hi All looking for a driving instructor, Is Leneghan still the best or? I canot seem to find his number someone said he no longer teaches but....?

Advice greatly appreciated :)

Hi I am looking for a drving instructor also, this thread seems to be a year old so just wondering who to go for?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) Thank You :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

John Moran used to be a great instructor, pity he passed away

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydsie

Tony is still teaching. He is very good. I would still reccomend him. He is teaching some people I know at the min and they find him great.

Tony Leneghan is still listed on the RSA site, I cant post his number as the rules dont allow. Tony thought me and i passed 1st time.

Do a search in Mayo for his surname.

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Finding-an-instructor/Find-an-instructor/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 msphillips2

irishgeo wrote: »
    pm sent

Hi
    Could someone out there give in Tony Leneghan number, I had lessons with him before and he was really good but I have lost all my old numbers.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 msphillips2

Hello,
    Could someone out there give me Tony Leneghans number, I had lessons with him before and he is really good but I have lost all my old numbers?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Hello,
    Could someone out there give me Tony Leneghans number, I had lessons with him before and he is really good but I have lost all my old numbers?
    Thanks
    If you follow the link in the post above yours you'll find it there. Good luck with the driving!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement