Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk in burger king

Options
  • 07-05-2011 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

In burger king today on the belgard rd tallaght,Elderly man in front ordered a burger,fries and a tea he then proceeded to pay for items,Before he left the counter he noticed he was not giving any milk for his tea and asked for some,The staff member gave it to him and asked for an extra 25c a small tub,The man refused to pay saying the tea should come with milk at no extra cost,Manager was called for and said you have to pay extra for the milk the man refused and after demanding a total refund(and getting it) he handed back his food and stormed out,

Should you have to pay extra for milk in tea in burger king or should it be like sugar & inclusive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

realies wrote: »
    In burger king today on the belgard rd tallaght,Elderly man in front ordered a burger,fries and a tea he then proceeded to pay for items,Before he left the counter he noticed he was not giving any milk for his tea and asked for some,The staff member gave it to him and asked for an extra 25c a small tub,The man refused to pay saying the tea should come with milk at no extra cost,Manager was called for and said you have to pay extra for the milk the man refused and after demanding a total refund(and getting it) he handed back his food and stormed out,

Should you have to pay extra for milk in tea in burger king or should it be like sugar & inclusive.

Buy that man a pint.

Or a milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Thats a new one!

Is it cheaper if you supply your own tea-bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Tea in burger king????
    WTF
    Go to a cafe if you want tea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

the man was quite right.

take note all ye prepared to take that kind of ****e from retailers.

like saying a sandwich is x but x+2 if you want butter!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Your man was spot on to ask for a full refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Buy that man a pint.

Or a milk.

Are you sure he wasn't asking for extra milk? Maybe the old man likes baby tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Tea in burger king????
    WTF
    Go to a cafe if you want tea

:rolleyes: Tea & coffee are sold in most establishments where food is being served :rolleyes: in Dublin anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

cosanostra wrote: »

Good point.

There's only one solution: Talk To Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,329 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Burger King 0
    Mil-King 1

cosanostra wrote: »

Nope he was being charged extra for the milk,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

# the guy in charge obviously thought this was a genius idea and the staff were just doing their job - Shocking stuff in my opinion - 25cent for like 10 mils of UHT milk too proably puts in on par with gold prices.

This thread is going a bit sour .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

1850 715 815

A perfect topic for liveline

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

He should have drank tea, scalded himself and sued for millions :D:D:D:D:D

Oranage2 wrote: »
    25cent for like 10 mils of UHT milk

but nobody buys it. . .coz it's sh!te :D

1850 715 815

Who will make the call ? the milkman.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

1850 715 815

encouraging the propagation of joe duffy on the radio?

BANNED

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,329 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Did he put his big tool in your box?

rarnes1 wrote: »

That was A1, Sharon ;)

rarnes1 wrote: »

:confused::confused: You explain that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Thats madness 25 cent for uht milk that should have be free in the first place! He was right to storm out. All hail the Mil king!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

^^^^
    reference to a mr pat mustard ,the milkman in father ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Fair play to him, no way would I have paid for milk either. Never heard the likes of it.

Next they will be charging for ketchup sachets and salt:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

^^
    they charge for ketchup in some mcdonalds ,burger kings if ya ask for more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭KH25

I've never seen anybody charged for milk when they order tea in a fast food place before. 25c for that crap (that barely tastes like milk) is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

when i was a manager in bewleys i didnt discriminate against peoples choice in how they drank their tea. milk was free but some people (usually the snobs) would order tea with 3 tea bags and an extra pot of hot water
    it was obvious they were pulling a fast one of getting free tea by getting a very strong pot and watering it down

i hated them for it but i couldnt charge them for the extra tea bags because they could easily state that they preferred their tea strong

when i moved into the managers role in roches stores i started charging 10c for hot water in the canteen because a few women (again, usually the snobs) brought their own tea bags into the canteen. they were seething at me doing it but i was within my rights to do it

the man in burger king was right to refuse to pay for milk because it should be provided with the tea whether they like it or not
    its only UHT milk so if the customer doesnt use it can be thrown back into the fridge

ive noticed that burger king try to get you to pay more by offering extras. yesterday i got a triple whopper meal and was asked all the questions in the world about upgrading the meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭KH25

anplaya wrote: »
    ^^

Thats happened to me before but I thought they stopped doing it. Hasnt happened to me in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Blast him with milk piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

anplaya wrote: »
    ^^

Yeah, if you ask for more, but you do get the first sachet free, if its relevant to the meal.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

happened to me in kfc

Advertisement