Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twohigs - Asia from €105 return

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Wheelie King

theboss80 wrote: »
    Just saw this on Facebook.

Starting in the morning is a MASSIVE sale with flights to Asia from €105 return. 10,000 seats only and sale ends on May17th i think. Its a serious bargain,

Theres restrictions on travel dates as usual but still....:eek:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150178795324539&set=a.151232264538.112812.149943394538&type=1&theater

That can't be true. Does that include taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

It states
    "Just in! Unbelievable SALE fares to Malaysia, Bali, Hong Kong, Bangkok with Malaysia Airlines. Fares starting from €105 return plus taxes. Must be booked by 17th May"

AND

"you must book by 17th May and you can travel between 15 Aug - 11 Dec 2011 & 16 Jan - 31 Mar 2012."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Return flights to HK are usually 800ish return! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

siber wrote: »
    It states
    "Just in! Unbelievable SALE fares to Malaysia, Bali, Hong Kong, Bangkok with Malaysia Airlines. Fares starting from €105 return plus taxes. Must be booked by 17th May"

So does anybody know what the taxes are on those flights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yes i think the most important part of ad is the word from....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I'd say it could be €400 - €500 with taxes, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Looks like a scam - I asked for a "deal" to Hong Kong anytime between now and 31 December - system told me there aren't any, wanted my email address. :mad: :mad:

€105 + taxes ?? Ha! :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,377 ✭✭✭✭ted1

when it says from it means that only one seat has to be at that price. The rest can be any price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

ted1 wrote: »
    when it says from it means that only one seat has to be at that price. The rest can be any price.

it says e105 'return' on the flyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

marrm wrote: »
    Looks like a scam - I asked for a "deal" to Hong Kong anytime between now and 31 December - system told me there aren't any, wanted my email address. :mad: :mad:

Could well be rubbish but it does say its not available till the 6th.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

check the booking period and look at your calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

CMpunked wrote: »
    Return flights to HK are usually 800ish return! :eek:

I was in Hk last year, and spent a long time studying prices before I went. With BA it was always between €520 & €600.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Tried a few flights within that booking period to no avail online..
    Got prices from 700 - 3k
    Taxes to Manila return are 332EUR, which would make the cost 437EUR - good deal, but not amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

harryd2 wrote: »
    Tried a few flights within that booking period to no avail online..
    Got prices from 700 - 3k
    Taxes to Manila return are 332EUR, which would make the cost 437EUR - good deal, but not amazing

Booking period : 6th May - 17th may! You can't book yet.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

opr wrote: »
    Could well be rubbish but it does say its not available till the 6th.

Opr

Tried it today - 6th May. Still the same - no deals Dublin Hong Kong between now & Feb next year, no "€105 + taxes" any day, just askes for my email. :(

SCAM :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

You must have to ring up.

I tried http://www.twohigs.com/Special-Offers.htm

It doesn't even let you choose a date after Dec 2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Tried it today - 6th May. Still the same - no deals Dublin Hong Kong between now & Feb next year, no "€105 + taxes" any day, just askes for my email. :(

SCAM :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Did you try it on the twohigs website? I tried earlier and there where plenty of "deals" although it did seem like Hong Kong was sold out or unavailable. Taxes work out over 300 each. Dont forgot there where only 10,000 tickets altogether all the good deals would be well gone by now. Also just put in a fake name and leave the email address blank and they let you through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

from €105 plus taxes = no regular prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

I just rang Malaysian Airlines and they offered me 365 Euro p/p for return ticket, Dublin - Hong Kong, from 30-10 until 9-11. Looks like a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

fransdev wrote: »
    I just rang Malaysian Airlines and they offered me 365 Euro p/p for return ticket, Dublin - Hong Kong, from 30-10 until 9-11. Looks like a good deal.
    Same flight on their website comes in at a lovely €7039. Looks like ringing them up is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Hi can you tell me what's the luggage allowance, please.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Hi I didn't ask but according to their website it is 20kg p/p free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I hate this before taxes bull. Why can they just be straight up and give proper prices. Even on their website the package deals dont include taxes until you go into them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Seems reasonable enough to be honest. I'd have no problem flying with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

what phone number did you ring?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Looks like it's selling fast , I booked Mar 7 2012 to Mar 14 2012 to Langkawi (Been to Phuket/Bali/Hong Kong in the past) for £660 for 2 from Heathrow , Same dates are now around twice the price.
    Not flexible with dates as my 10th Wedding Anniversary on Mar 9th , Delighted thanks OP :D

I booked on www.expedia.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

we rang Twohigs and the girl on the phone was going nuts - she said that their marketing guys made a massive boo boo and that they were getting loads of complaints - they didnt make it very clear that taxes and fuel charges etc were on top of this price so all told its probably the same price as a lot of other fares
    (looks like they have taken the post down off Facebook since also)

When we looked into it it turned out at almost €1000 per person for Ho Chi Min City in October - not much of a deal after all as the original promo said from €150

You can get the same flight on Expedia for around €900

Advertisement