Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Thread

Options
  • 19-04-2011 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭

Just on trial basis, lets see how this goes.

This thread is for posting links to gaming-related competitions on the web (win games, win consoles, etc.)

Rules for posting competition links here:
    • You must have at least 100 posts on Boards before posting a competition link (<100 posts = post deleted)
    • No asking for votes on a competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

NowGamer giving away Mortal Kombat 9 on PS3: http://www.nowgamer.com/competition

Advises to use Firefox and only open to European entrants...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    NowGamer giving away Mortal Kombat 9 on PS3: http://www.nowgamer.com/competition

Advises to use Firefox and only open to European entrants...

It says in the T&C just above the entry button, it's for UK Residents only. i just stuck in the belfast postcode (BT11AA) instead. works for some freebies in the BA forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

SOCOM 4 competition on Eurogamer.

Win: A copy of the game, 1 Sharp Shooter peripheral, 1 Move controller, 1 Navigation controller, 1 SOCOM Special Forces T-shirt (Size: large)

Doesn't say UK only, so worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

EA giving away three Crysis 2 Nano packs
    Seems some gamers have become a little attached to their new copy of Crysis 2, pulling sickies from work, mitching off studies and missing appointments - sound familiar?

We want to hear your best excuse for getting out of a ‘Crysis’ and our three favourites will each pick up a Crysis 2 Nano pack. Plus we’ll be giving away some limited edition ‘Crysis Management’ Excuse Books for the top entries.

To enter sign into Twitter and tweet what event/appointment/deadline you missed through overplaying Crysis 2 (optional) and the excuse you used to rectify the situation.

All entries/tweets must contain the hashtag #CrysisManagement – entries not in accordance with these instructions are invalid and will not be entered into the competition.

There is no limit to the number of entries that can be tweeted/submitted by an individual. Entries will be judged on originality, creativity and humour. The best excuses as deemed by EA™ will be shortlisted. Winners will be selected at random from this shortlist.

The closing date and time for receipt of entries is Thursday 28 April 2011 at 23:59 GMT. Top tweets win - good luck!

Read our terms and conditions.

Source

Says UK residents but I always enter them anyways just in case it's an oversight!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Win a ps3 or a copy of de blob 2, ends April 22nd (need a PSN account)

http://ie.playstation.com/psn/competitions/detail/item357720/Win-a-PlayStation-3-with-one-of-the-most-colourful-games-around/

Submit a question to the producer of Final Fantasy IV and you could win a download code for Final Fantasy IX on PSN, ends April 26th (need a PSN account)

http://ie.playstation.com/psn/competitions/detail/item366489/Ask-and-win-FINAL-FANTASY-IV-The-Complete-Collection/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

UPC have a competition here, http://www.upc.ie/television/competition/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Helix wrote: »

I actually won stuff from ye before, that Splinter Cell Conviction competition. Must get round to making a few videos with the hidden cameras and upload them to ye for the laugh.

forgot about this thread! we've got an xperia play to give away

http://clickonline.com/Tech/Competition_-_win_a_Sony_Ericsson_Xperia_Play!/1025/

• Advertisement

I actually won stuff from ye before, that Splinter Cell Conviction competition. Must get round to making a few videos with the hidden cameras and upload them to ye for the laugh.

haha deadly! that stuff looked like great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Helix wrote: »
    forgot about this thread! we've got an xperia play to give away

http://clickonline.com/Tech/Competition_-_win_a_Sony_Ericsson_Xperia_Play!/1025/

Ah shuddup Helix! I entered that last week and you're wrecking my chances of winning :D

Just wanna say thanks to Mr. E for starting this thread and Helix for posting the Shift 2 competition because a copy is now on its way to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice one! :)

I won a 3DS game too :)

got another one for you...

tiger woods 12: the masters for PS3

http://www.clickonline.com/Games/Win_Tiger_Woods_-_The_Masters_on_PS3!/1220/

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Helix, when does the xperia play comp end?

Wanted to give ClickOnline a hooooooj thank you for randomly selecting me to win a copy of Shift 2! Cheers!!!

Wanted to give ClickOnline a hooooooj thank you for randomly selecting me to win a copy of Shift 2! Cheers!!!

I won a copy too :D Thanks clickonline.com!!

highfive_Borat.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

sheehy83 wrote: »

]

Man you win a lot of games ;)

Shows that its good to enter these comps, last two i ran only 2 people entered so they had a 50% chance of winning, next one i ran 1 person entered, the third comp no one entered ! Its like i couldn't give people free games FFS LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Shows that its good to enter these comps, last two i ran only 2 people entered so they had a 50% chance of winning, next one i ran 1 person entered, the third comp no one entered ! Its like i couldn't give people free games FFS LOL

Idea. PM me and only me when you have a comp goin. No point in not givin away stuff:p

I know man sites like yours, Click and TGL are excellent Irish sites but not many people bother with them even when they are giving away free games, its boggling! Only reason I didn't enter your 3rd comp was cuz I didn't want Tiger for the Wii and I don't like entering comps to win games when I don't own the console. Not fair on the people who genuinely want them. I'll gladly enter yer next comp anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What must one do to win these games?

the_syco wrote: »
    What must one do to win these games?

As the Lotto says 'ya gotta be in it to win it!' I'm a fan of Clickonline.com and Gameswap.ie on Facebook. Both of these have had recent competitions. I see it in my updates, enter either through facebook or email and there you have it. The gameswap one was baffling, giving away games and no one will enter :eek:. I mean even if you didn't have interest in that game, you could get good trade in value. I'm in another competition on Click for an Xperia Play phone, would love that! They have another competition for Green Hornet at the moment but not pushed with that so will leave it to someone else :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I was hoping to win Shift 2, but Tiger 12 and an xperia play will just have to do.

highfive_Borat.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Thanks a Million Click online!!!!

Won a copy of Tiger 12! Woop!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Win Dirt 3 for the Ps3
    http://www.nowgamer.com/competition
    The answer is Colin McRae

Site recommends you use firefox to enter, I tried entering with my phone but it didn't work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thanks for that.

Advertisement