Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAKE STEAM SCAM

Options
  • 12-04-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

FAKE STEAM SCAM

Look at the sections circled in red. Total fake address. Thought I'd share it in case someone thought it looked legit.

155140.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Ha, I got a chat invitation from the same guy a few minutes ago.
    I was busy so I ignored it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Already had him try, cheerfully mentioned it was a poor attempt then reported him. He's in various Irish player groups, including the Black Ops Ireland one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Showed it to the young fella, He says this guy called Admin was tryin to chat with him an hour ago, not the first time either, he clicked deny as he decked something was iffy. Said he's contacting through the Team Fortress Ireland group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I'd hope that the actual steam admins would have better English.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

the_syco wrote: »
    FAKE STEAM SCAM
    Cheers for the warning.

Fake scams are the worst. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Unfortunately there are dozens of these sites up on the Internet, and when they are eventually taken down they are replaced rapidly.

One of the most important things to remember is that Valve will never ever contact you via the friends network in relation to account issues.

Account Security Recommendations

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've become immune to these types of things after having recieved around 100,000 emails from Blizzaard and Actrivision about changes to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Kiith wrote: »
    I've become immune to these types of things after having recieved around 100,000 emails from Blizzaard and Actrivision about changes to my account.

the day these cnuts learn to spell and construct sentances we're all doomed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Sad cnuts. Got it aswell, just ignored and reported the fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭Nollog

I feel left out.
    Nobody tried to steal my account yet. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I feel left out.
    Nobody tried to steal my account yet. :(

I'll send you a pm asking for your details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

"You are welcomed by the administration steam"

Jesus christ... If you're going to attempt to rip people off, at least get someone to proofread your **** first...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

isnt this more or less impossible now anyway thanks to the whole steamguard thing? Gabe himself gave out his account and password to a whole room of people to try and hack his account and it didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

isnt this more or less impossible now anyway thanks to the whole steamguard thing? Gabe himself gave out his account and password to a whole room of people to try and hack his account and it didnt work

Essentially yes, for those who have it installed. I would imagine the people stupid enough to give out their passwords to an admin though would also be stupid enough to give the code that friendly admin just e-mailed them to confirm it is their account.

Advertisement