Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawken

Options
  • 31-03-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭

The first mention I saw of this game came from a post on Kotaku a couple of weeks ago but the team behind it have finally released some gameplay footage.

Certainly looks promising and should hopefully tide us over until the next Mechwarrior game is released.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I saw this earlier today, and was very impressed. For an indie developer, it looks amazing. Hopefully they can keep the quality, and not take years to get something released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

That looks absolutely stunning! (No earphones so I couldn't hear what it was like.....aw.).

Just a little niggle though. The HUD. I'd prefer something a little more minimalistic in design. Maybe along the lines of the FEAR 2 mech bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

cant quite put my finger on it, but theres something about that video that makes me want to fall asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Helix wrote: »
    cant quite put my finger on it, but theres something about that video that makes me want to fall asleep
    The incredibly sombre colour scheme and weak background music perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

could be it, unfair to judge an early build on that, but the game itself just looks dull. very pedestrian all round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Helix wrote: »
    could be it, unfair to judge an early build on that, but the game itself just looks dull. very pedestrian all round
    For an Unreal Engine 3 powered game I'm just glad it's not ruined with shiny specular lighting on every god damn surface. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

robots!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It looks good considering it's from an indie developer,

But it looks to play like a generic FPS as opposed to Robots/Walkers

Lotta bunnyhopping going on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SEX.

THIS IS MECHA SEXYNESS.

GIMME!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

any ideas when this is getting released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Damn, that looks impressive. This may just be a purchase for me. Might do to Mech games what Shift done to racing games...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The only shame is that it won't have a Steel Battalion controller.

i2sDzl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The only shame is that it won't have a Steel Battalion controller.

steel_bat3.JPG

Lets be honest, who wouldn't want it?!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

have a mate who owns that controller. its amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jazzy wrote: »
    have a mate who owns that controller. its amazing

For such a massive controller, it's one difficult, punishing game.

There's nothing worse than getting far into it, having your Mech blow up and not getting to the eject button in time.

/pilot dies - save erased and back to the very start.

Although unlike a standard controller, you can't fling it across the room in a rage without doing your back in.

Still, totally worth getting one if you have the space. Once you get the hang of the 50 million buttons it's awesome :)

Advertisement