Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Social Welfare - change of address query

• 25-03-2011 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this issue. I have recently moved to Dublin from another county where I am claiming social welfare benefit but I can't use the new address to claim in Dublin. Therefore I must drive over two hours each week to claim my benefits.I would appreciate any suggestions!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If you change your address, you are obligated to inform Social Welfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You should be able to use the new address unless you're claiming it fraudulently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Moved from Irish Economy to State Benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

What you need to do is go into your local sw office in Dublin and get your claim transferred. You will need to have proof of address eg utility bill in your name, tenancy agreement with your name on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 busby3

In relation to my social welfare query I should make it clear there is nothing fradulent about the claim. I have just finished subbing in a school in the past week but due to circumstances I cant make a claim from my present residence as it could affect my partner's situation in court with her ex husband. It is hopefully only shorterm as I am applying for teaching positions but they are thin on the ground at the moment. Its just the bother of driving over two hours each week to collect payment. I hope this clears up the situation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement