Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

purchasing home heating oil?

Options
  • 18-03-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get kerosene home heating oil in can and pour them into your tank yourself or must you purchase from Texoil/Corrib Oil etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Ya, Top oil and Corrib oil in Castlebar let you do that. We have been doing it that way since Christmas.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Someone was selling it at the pump a while back - Corrib Oil in Castlebar, maybe? Worth ringing some of them and asking.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

shoes34 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get kerosene home heating oil in can and pour them into your tank yourself or must you purchase from Texoil/Corrib Oil etc.

Corrib Oil in Louisburgh do it as my father has bought it like that previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

thanks, I just need to get a small supply and a friend of mine had got it up the North before in cans and poured it into her tank herself. Is there anywhere around Swinford that sells it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

All you can probably do it just ask in a few place, sorry thats not an ideal answer for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I know this is an old thread but seeing as winter is coming it may be of use to some to know that Clarkes garage in Ballina sell kerosene from a pump. Just noticed this at the weekend think it cost approx 94 cent a litre, which is a little dearer than what is charged when delivered, but this may suit some people who only wish to buy small amounts or on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I know this is an old thread but seeing as winter is coming it may be of use to some to know that Clarkes garage in Ballina sell kerosene from a pump. Just noticed this at the weekend think it cost approx 94 cent a litre, which is a little dearer than what is charged when delivered, but this may suit some people who only wish to buy small amounts or on a weekly basis.

corrib oil in castlebar do this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i see paul hunts garage ballyhanuis rd are selling it as well via a new pump as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

The garage on the Crossmolina Road (top oil) does this too and has the drums on sale as well. The garage on the Ardnaree Road in Ballina also sells kerosene at the pumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

the Texaco in Foxford sells it.

(ooops just saw the original date)

• Advertisement
Advertisement