Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Little Bit of Praise.

Options
  • 11-03-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

With thanks to LoLth for the advice.

I wanted to just post a quick message in praise of some of the forums I visit, instead of the usual complaints about bans infarctions and so on.

These sites are of interest to me so please feel free to add those of interest to you when you think they need a mention.

The sub forum Geneology which was the very first forum I visited here on Boards.ie. (This is to be found under the main forum History and Heritage) The people in there have been amazingly helpful in my tracing my grandfather's early life and I can not praise them highly enough for all the work they have put in. Lovely people.

The Science forums Astronomy and Space and Paleontology. Ok these may not be your cup of tea but what great folks they are. They are knowledgeable and informed, and they have a great sense of humour. I visit both of these at least once a day as time permits. (By once a day, I mean once a day when my computer is working)

Forum Mod Galvasean gets a special mention for his posts and humour in Paleontology.... the only thing I don't like about him is the fact he is younger than my son.........:pac:

I thank you one and all, and of course the main Boards.ie for providing them. Keep up the good work, I would be lost without the site now.

PS Just found a forum that may suit me. Oulwans & Oulfellas, Only just discovered it but I like the look of it and with luck I will fit right in there too. (Somewhere between the fluffed cushions and comfy chair please.) I will let you know how it goes in there.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Rubecula, you are the stuff that boards.ie is made of - long may it continue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Thank you Steve that is a very nice sentiment. I just wanted to praise where praise seems to be scarce.

I really do enjoy my visits to Boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Galvasean is indeed a legend. We need more Mods like that to be honest.

Just a quick update.

Oulwans and Oulfellas is a great forum. I love it, and I feel like I can get tea and biscuits at the asking:pac:

Superb for us oldies and good for some younger folks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oh you guys :o

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Oh you guys :o

You blushing young man? Sorry I suppose I could tell everyone about your awful jokes........ Do you have any?:pac:

Advertisement