Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The legend of zelda: skyward sword

Options
  • 02-03-2011 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

New combat trailer from GDC :)

Is it just me or does the game seem less colourful than in the e3 2010 trailer?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Music is bloody awful in that trailer. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It is less colourful then it was. They've toned down the cell shading, so it's somewhere inbetween Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I'll wait and see about picking it up, as i've still not cleared Twilight Princess (even though i loved it).
    Mr E wrote: »
    Music is bloody awful in that trailer. :(
    They really need to up the quality of the music on the system. Twilight Princess had some great music, but the quality was awful at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not talking about audio level. The music itself is tuneless and awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

It sounds like something rejected from the Soul Calibur soundtrack.

Not sure how much I'd like that giant wiimote hovering on the side of the screen, it seems a bit obtrusive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

It sounds like something rejected from the Soul Calibur soundtrack.

Not sure how much I'd like that giant wiimote hovering on the side of the screen, it seems a bit obtrusive

They said at E3 last year that the final HUD will look different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Kiith wrote: »
    it's somewhere inbetween Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

ha, exactly what I thought when I watched that. it being one or the other is fine, but not inbetween...

also, finish Twilight Princess, awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

This game was the sole reason I never sold my Wii.

but I hate to say that it's looking kind of meh so far. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I never played a zelda game before , i was hoping skyward sword would be my first but the trailer looks very dull , looks like alot of waggel aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Lul, people were the same when they first seen trailers/gameplay from windwaker... it will be awesome, no doubt about it... like every other zelda game on console. Only good game on the wii, they wont fook it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm a huge Zelda fan, I've got most of the games from over the years, with Zelda 3 & OoT being without a doubt amongst the finest games I've ever played. But even I have to admit, the formula is starting to look tired & just more of the same. Graphics aside, the above video shows the same things we were doing 13 years ago when OoT came out.

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'm a huge Zelda fan, I've got most of the games from over the years, with Zelda 3 & OoT being without a doubt amongst the finest games I've ever played. But even I have to admit, the formula is starting to look tired & just more of the same. Graphics aside, the above video shows the same things we were doing 13 years ago when OoT came out.

And ???? The zelda formula will never grow old !!

Magill wrote: »

I wouldn't be so sure, as I said I'm a huge fan & it pains me to even admit it, but the formula needs to progress on a bit, it's been 13 years since OoT & the above just looks like a fancy version of it.

EnterNow wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure, as I said I'm a huge fan & it pains me to even admit it, but the formula needs to progress on a bit, it's been 13 years since OoT & the above just looks like a fancy version of it.

We'll have to see, if this game is anything less than a 9.5 i'll lick my own balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

We'll have to see, if this game is anything less than a 9.5 i'll lick my own balls.

were looking forward to the pics :)

only messing, i'm sure it will be a great game. alot of people were not too fond of twlight princess, but i loved it, like all the zelda games i played. reserve judgement IMO

I'm not saying it'll be poor by any stretch, it's the forumla thats ageing if anything. As to new ideas for Zelda, I've no idea, but I'd love something that offered something a bit doifferent if even just for a change. A retake on Majoras Mask or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

2smiggy wrote: »
    were looking forward to the pics :)

I'm not :eek:

I think this will be good... Zelda always delivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I guess as a huge fan i just always hope that the newest zelda will be better then OOT. And with wind waker, twilight princess and now skyward sword, so far nothing as come close. And i cant put my finger on why!! OOT just has so much charm and character which just seemed to fade out over the new titles. Im hoping skyward sword will be amazing but i just cant ever see them hitting the sweet spot again the way they did with OOT.......well except OOT on 3ds :p

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I think I'm actually looking forward more to OoT remake on 3ds than this.
    Will still buy this but as EnterNow said, formula seems to be getting a little dated.
    Would LOVE to see them do something like Majora's Mask again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah I'm thinking of just buying a 3DS and OoT instead. Hopefully they'll redo Majora's Mask as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I wonder if OOT on the 3ds was build from the ground up or did they simply adapt the old engine from the n64. Either way i wouldnt rule out a majoras mask on 3ds, providing we cry enough :P

Also i wonder if an emulator will emerge on the 3ds which could play n64 titles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Doesn't look that great,whens it due for release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Doesn't look that great,whens it due for release?

Sometime after zelda 3ds is released. Most likely sometime in Q4 2011

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Zelda is my favourite franchise but after playing through WW, TP, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks over the last ~7 years, the design dock has become a bit long in the tooth. Like it's practically (if not actually) perfect, but it just needs something to make it feel less familliar. Even though Wiimote controls were fresh and new in 2006, TP did feel very close to OOT, despite it having a great plot and art style. I really hope the Wii motion plus freshens it up.

Maybe I just played too many Zelda games. Whatever I'm banging on about, I'll definitely buy it and beat it to death!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

I am one of zeldas biggest fan, but that trailer does not look all that hot. I think those light colours on the game and the music probably dont do it justice.
    What are your top 3 favourite zelda games..
    My would be
    1 A link to the past
    2 OOT
    3 Wind Waker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

As a huge LOZ fan I have to say I am looking forward to playing this. I also have to say Windwaker doesn't get enough credit where it is due, I loved it!

1. OOT
    2. Majoras Mask
    3. Windwaker

I have yet to even start the twilight princess.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

I could never get Majoras Mask. I found it annoying with time restraints and all that changing masks. I probably finished 20% of that game and just switched off.
    I agree regarding WindWaker not getting enough recognition. If the environment was not sailing around on a boat this game would be up there with OOT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

JackNow wrote: »
    I could never get Majoras Mask. I found it annoying with time restraints and all that changing masks. I probably finished 20% of that game and just switched off.
    I agree regarding WindWaker not getting enough recognition. If the environment was not sailing around on a boat this game would be up there with OOT.

I liked the sailing aspect though and finding a random Island with stuff on it.

I felt a great sense of achievement when i got all the masks in Majoras mask :D. It is definitely worth doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

playing through zelda twilight princess at the moment , my first zelda game i ever played and its pretty good , makes me wish i had not missed the other titles :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am really looking forward to Skyward Sword, looks the business.
    My problem is I already own lots of copies of Ocarina!
    I have it on the N64, twice on the Gamecube, with Windwaker and as part of the Zelda Collection pack, I have it on the Wii VC.
    So, am I going to buy it on the 3DS?
    Of course I am!

But the question should be asked, why did we have to wait this long for a portable Ocarina, no reason whatsoever why it never came out on the DS, given the ease at which Mario 64 was translated to the hardware, instead we have to wait 6 years after the DS launch, past the launch of another handheld for it, not fair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

You remember the twilight princess trailer??? that made me want that game so bad. The fact that this game was just shown very relaxed and the trailer is in no way epic leads me to believe its gonna be average. Theyre never bad games but you want the big console ones to be awesome! I could do without the motion plus crap.

Advertisement