Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another commuting video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Thats class, nerve's of bloody steel!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

That was excellent, sadly I can't see something like that ever being allowed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Class, could have all been over at 29 seconds with the dog on the track

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Just showed my wife that video, she felt sick watching it, and said to me "don't even think about it, It'll be a wooden box and not just broken ribs WHEN you crash doing that"........Don't think my road bikes would be up for it:rolleyes:

Unbelievable how narrow that course was in places, absolutely no room whatsoever for error or hesitation,and like feelingstressed said, could have been over very quickly, the oul ticker was in the mouth watching that, got an adrenalin rush from the point of view cam work, wonder what it's like for real:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,035 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Brave photographer!

GLuxcIQS.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

xz wrote: »
    "don't even think about it, It'll be a wooden box and not just broken ribs WHEN you crash doing that"

Ah jesus, sensationalist much?

Didn't think it was that scary looking to be honest. Guy was probably wrapped like the Michelin man doing it and an experienced rider would probably have more control biking it on a course like that than your average joe would have walking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Stark wrote: »
    Ah jesus, sensationalist much?

Didn't think it was that scary looking to be honest. Guy was probably wrapped like the Michelin man doing it and an experienced rider would probably have more control biking it on a course like that than your average joe would have walking it.

Well forgive her, she doesn't watch or partake in this kind of thing, and to her eye it was dangerous, so "sensationalist" is a bit much. You on the other hand may blaze down trails for a hobby and see this as quite normal, and thrilling, but not everyone is perfect are they?(and yes I'm being sarcastic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

That was savage! My heart was in my mouth several times.

Cheers poochiem

• Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

xz wrote: »
    Well forgive her, she doesn't watch or partake in this kind of thing, and to her eye it was dangerous, so "sensationalist" is a bit much. You on the other hand may blaze down trails for a hobby and see this as quite normal, and thrilling, but not everyone is perfect are they?(and yes I'm being sarcastic)

I don't blaze down trails for a hobby myself but people do and we don't have cyclists coming back from their Sunday morning mountain biking/road hill cycling sessions in wooden boxes. Some people say it's too dangerous even to cycle on Dublin streets for example. Forgive me if I think "cycling=death" is sensationalist.

The camera gives a claustrophobic effect. The guy looks perfectly in control to my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

This is another great one in the Favelas in Brazil - I dont know how he talks the whole way down:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

silvo wrote: »
    This is another great one in the Favelas in Brazil - I dont know how he talks the whole way down:

Thats Gee Atherton, one of the best dh riders in the world, i know its not urban downhill but this is greg minnaar at fort bill, talks the whole way down and not a bother on him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Typical bloody cyclists, no regard for the other road users. He was even using the path at times.

Did he even care about the traffic laws, did he heck.

At least he was wearing a helmet!!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

He should just use the road.

Advertisement