Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
22-02-2011, 13:08   #1
RangeR
Registered User
 
RangeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 127/8
Posts: 6,709
Cancelling UPC

Quote:
From: RangeR
Sent: 22 February 2011 13:03
To: 'resolutionteam@upc.ie'
Bcc : rangersmother@rangersidle.com
Subject: [UPC] Please cancel account 12345678

To whom it may concern,

Please cancel, with immediate effect, any and all services on, the following account

Account Number : 12345678
Account Name : RangeR's Mother
Account Address : RangeR's Mother's Address
Nominated Contact : RangeR

Reasons :
Inability to provide consistent service.
Automated UPC customer support phone system is a mess.
Inability to resolve issues in a timely matter.
Contracted sales staff intentionally misleading customers [my mother]

I understand that UPC will only close the account on Tuesday, 22 March 2011 [1 month]. Please confirm and ensure that the technician calls out on that date. If a call out is before that date, we will require credit pro-rata. If a call out is after that date, the hardware will be in the driveway, ready to collect.

If there are any questions, you can contact me on the RangeRFonE
Reprehensible
RangeR is offline  
(5) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-02-2011, 13:09   #2
MagicMarker
Registered User
 
MagicMarker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pale Blue Dot
Posts: 30,410
Cool story bro.
MagicMarker is online now  
22-02-2011, 13:32   #3
Dub12Dave
Registered User
 
Dub12Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 147
I love the wording to that letter just wish I has the balls to write to them in that way.
Dub12Dave is offline  
22-02-2011, 21:30   #4
wmpdd3
Registered User
 
wmpdd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: kilkenny
Posts: 8,497
E-mail? I e-mailed them 5 times before they actually cancelled my old place's connection
wmpdd3 is offline  
22-02-2011, 22:18   #5
RangeR
Registered User
 
RangeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 127/8
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpdd3 View Post
E-mail? I e-mailed them 5 times before they actually cancelled my old place's connection
I rang them. They said to notify in writing either by letter or email. I emailed immediately and got an auto reply. That's all I need. If they don't cancel, It's off to the SCC. No messing around/

I've had enough of them.
RangeR is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-02-2011, 22:21   #6
Diddler1977
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeR View Post
I rang them. They said to notify in writing either by letter or email. I emailed immediately and got an auto reply. That's all I need. If they don't cancel, It's off to the SCC. No messing around/

I've had enough of them.
When I attempted to cancel mine they said I had to send a letter - email or phone would not work.
Diddler1977 is offline  
22-02-2011, 22:23   #7
Diddler1977
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeR View Post
I rang them. They said to notify in writing either by letter or email. I emailed immediately and got an auto reply. That's all I need. If they don't cancel, It's off to the SCC. No messing around/

I've had enough of them.
Cancel your Direct Debit...... Most important thing to do from your end.
Diddler1977 is offline  
(4) thanks from:
22-02-2011, 22:32   #8
RangeR
Registered User
 
RangeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 127/8
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddler1977 View Post
Cancel your Direct Debit...... Most important thing to do from your end.
Actually did that a week ago and told the bank there would be trouble if money went to UPC after that date. Any further bills, if legit, will be paid manually.
RangeR is offline  
Thanks from:
23-02-2011, 06:10   #9
Nody
Bullet Magnet Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,743
Unless you've been set up by your mother with UPC to be authorized to deal with them they will most likely do nothing as you are not the account holder.
Nody is online now  
Advertisement
23-02-2011, 09:23   #10
RangeR
Registered User
 
RangeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 127/8
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nody View Post
Unless you've been set up by your mother with UPC to be authorized to deal with them they will most likely do nothing as you are not the account holder.
I got my mother to set me up as an authorised contact three weeks ago. I gave them that amount of time to resolve the issues. They couldn't. I cancelled the account. Mother went with Sky last week. For all my dislike of Sky, their product "just works".
RangeR is offline  
23-02-2011, 09:55   #11
user1842
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeR View Post
I got my mother to set me up as an authorised contact three weeks ago. I gave them that amount of time to resolve the issues. They couldn't. I cancelled the account. Mother went with Sky last week. For all my dislike of Sky, their product "just works".
Make sure you send them a registered letter too as the emails dont lot any legal standing.
user1842 is offline  
23-02-2011, 10:31   #12
RangeR
Registered User
 
RangeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 127/8
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmclean1842 View Post
Make sure you send them a registered letter too as the emails dont lot any legal standing.
Normally, I would agree. However, I'm following [to the letter] all instructions from UPC [and the contract that was signed] as their recorded call will verify.

It's A contract is a contract, whether it's a verbal or written one. There is no question on legal standing.
RangeR is offline  
23-02-2011, 10:51   #13
user1842
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeR View Post
Normally, I would agree. However, I'm following [to the letter] all instructions from UPC [and the contract that was signed] as their recorded call will verify.

It's A contract is a contract, whether it's a verbal or written one. There is no question on legal standing.
Yes but they can say they never received your email.
user1842 is offline  
23-02-2011, 10:58   #14
youcancallmeal
Registered User
 
youcancallmeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 5,233
What exactly was the problem? I know of a good few people having problems with the UPC broadband and are looking to get out. Mine has been fine so far thankfully.
youcancallmeal is offline  
23-02-2011, 11:36   #15
RangeR
Registered User
 
RangeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 127/8
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmclean1842 View Post
Yes but they can say they never received your email.
I received an auto responder email from UPC.
Quote:
From: >ResolutionTeam [mailto:resolutionteam@upc.ie]
Sent: 22 February 2011 13:03
To: RangeR
Subject: Automated Response - Resolution Team Email Inbox

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email, your request will be processed by our Resolution Team. We aim to deal with your request within 5 working days.

If you have any further queries please contact Customer Service 1908.

Thank you,

UPC
I will ring them in 4 working days, If I don't hear anything else.
RangeR is offline  
Thanks from:
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search