Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete me.

Options
  • 21-02-2011 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Plz delete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I don't get it. What's the question? Are we meant to make appropriate comparisons between bands rather than inappropriate ones?

chin_grin wrote: »
    Read it again or delete it if it doesn't make any sense? :(
    I'm not going to delete it just because I don't understand what point it's trying to make. I was under the impression you knew what it meant and so you could explain it in simple, single-syllable words :).
    chin_grin wrote:
    My opinion of this is that you're trying to teach a youngling about "better" bands that are of the same genre but he\she may not have heard of because of his\her age. Of course it's all personal experience though.
    Which is kind of the conclusion I came to
    chin_grin wrote:
    I now have a distinct feeling it could end up being a "my opinion in music is better than your opinion in music" flame war. Damn.
    Well let's see what happens...

I'll start: Gene Hoglan is a better drummer than Raymond Herrera. He can do the blisteringly fast double-bass drum riffs but the rest of his beats are very tasteful and intricately constructed unlike Ray whose beats were often quite dull in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Malice wrote: »
    I'm not going to delete it just because I don't understand what point it's trying to make. I was under the impression you knew what it meant and so you could explain it in simple, single-syllable words :).

Which is kind of the conclusion I came to

Well let's see what happens...

I'll start: Gene Hoglan is a better drummer than Raymond Herrera. He can do the blisteringly fast double-bass drum riffs but the rest of his beats are very tasteful and intricately constructed unlike Ray whose beats were often quite dull in comparison.

It's like one of those things I don't wanna admit but it's true... And I'm a huge Ray fan.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Me too, nothing wrong with liking Ray, I think his rhythms were class, one of my favourite rhythms is Drones off Archetype, the triggers made his bass drum sound savage and chrisp - which is probably why not a lot a people give him enough credit, many call it "cheating". Although, Gene is a better drummer than Ray, Gene is just so good, rediculously fast, yet laid back. I was ****ing delighted to see him back in September.

Nailz wrote: »
    Me too, nothing wrong with liking Ray, I think his rhythms were class, one of my favourite rhythms is Drones off Archetype, the triggers made his bass drum sound savage and chrisp - which is probably why not a lot a people give him enough credit, many call it "cheating". Although, Gene is a better drummer than Ray, Gene is just so good, rediculously fast, yet laid back. I was ****ing delighted to see him back in September.
    Didn't he say on the video addd to the Archetype CD that he doesn't use triggers? I'll have to dig that out and confirm. It was part of a funny exchange between him and a sound engineer.

I quite like Raymond's drumming too. Anytime I get let loose on a kit with double bass drum pedals I try to belt out the verse riff from Pisschrist. I don't usually succeed (and certainly not at the song's actualy tempo) though :).

• Advertisement

Chin_grin: why have you edited the first post and removed your first reply which I subsequently quoted anyway?

Didn't he say on the video addd to the Archetype CD that he doesn't use triggers? I'll have to dig that out and confirm. It was part of a funny exchange between him and a sound engineer.

I quite like Raymond's drumming too. Anytime I get let loose on a kit with double bass drum pedals I try to belt out the verse riff from Pisschrist. I don't usually succeed (and certainly not at the song's actualy tempo) though :).

As far as I remember he says something along the lines of that he does not use triggers + he can play them faster than the triggers too!

DrumSteve wrote: »
    As far as I remember he says something along the lines of that he does not use triggers + he can play them faster than the triggers too!
    Yeah that sounds right.

Yeah that sounds right.

I've actually been looking everywhere to try find a live version of Moment of Impact (From Transgression). A song that would not be out of place on mechanize.

Advertisement