Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dragons den season 3

Options
  • 20-02-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

well this show begins tonight at 9.30 on rte one with a new judge that is meant to be a tough cookie lets see what is in store this time around

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Same as previous I'm sure, plenty of "I'm out" or "I'll give €10k" for 50% of your business. The show is a bit of a joke, I just haven't decided if Ireland lacks any decent thinking/ideas or if our "investors" are just the primary school of the investment world... Probably a mix of both tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the new dragon invests more than Sarah (won't be too hard!)
    Moving this to the Reality TV forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

cool will i still keep subscription if its moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

God they managed to find a bigger b1atch than the last one..

great start to the show with that deal i have to say and yeah she a tough one alright

• Advertisement

Hopefully she'll shake it up a bit this year and actually get them to invest

yeah that baldy lad always backs out

well at least she actually invested in something. risky investment imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

jimmynokia wrote: »
    cool will i still keep subscription if its moved

Yep, it should move with the thread. Good show so far - Norah looks like she is going to be unpredictable (and fun!) :)

God they managed to find a bigger b1atch than the last one..

I dont agree. and she has put her money where her mouth is immediately.

Not afraid to undercut her fellow dragons either. a plus for me so far. a breath of fresh air unlike her predecessor 'Dr No'

• Advertisement

don't see this memories thing taking off. why not just use a carboard box...? takes up a lot of space too.

she has put her money where her mouth is immediately.

True... but I guess we know now why Sarah Newman wasnt investing .. she'll probably be appearing on the show, looking for investment, this year.. also, I cant stop thinking she's Niamh Kavanagh every time they show her. ..

Shocking idea, especially at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Id say Norah Casey takes no crap!!

True... but I guess we know now why Sarah Newman wasnt investing .. she'll probably be appearing on the show, looking for investment, this year..

I'd say that she still has plenty of cash left - she and her business partner (not DJ!) got €60 m for their needahotel business. would be shocking if she has managed to invest and lose that much... :eek:

True... but I guess we know now why Sarah Newman wasnt investing .. she'll probably be appearing on the show, looking for investment, this year..

Sarah wont be on the breadline in a hurry don't worry and she got two years of publicity despite having no real intention of investing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Liking the oul grow rings but cant see them getting cash.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Liking the oul grow rings but cant see them getting cash.

Such a cost effective idea in fairness and i think there would be demand for them.

glasso wrote: »
    would be shocking if she has managed to invest and lose that much... :eek:

that's what I thought... but from the way it was reported, I thought that they were both sunk? The report went along the lines of "DJ Carey and Sarah Newman's company folded with losses of two million euros".. which gave the (possibly false) impression that she was indebted by the company as well..

I tell you though, if yer man had used that "female gardeners generally dont like using DIY tools" with Sarah, she would have immediately declared herself out and sulked for the rest of the show..

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rosco p coltrane

Pity the growrings.ie site is down. Not very good, especially when the idea is being broadcast on national tv. Very Poor. Surely this was filmed months ago.

• Advertisement

i heard Sarah had some kind of argument that is why she left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

why are they all asking for 40k? I wonder if they just pull these numbers out of the sky sometimes! And yeah, bad form that the website is down! Even if it was filmed months ago, they must have known the broadcast date in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Pity the growrings.ie site is down. Not very good, especially when the idea is being broadcast on national tv. Very Poor. Surely this was filmed months ago.

For that reason......I'm Out!

I'd say yer one hit the fridge hard when she went home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Have seen that happen before on dragons den. Site gets a load of traffic during the show and falls over. One time it was an ecommerce business they had set up so totally inexcusable for it to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

This Eamonn Coughlans younger brother??

that's what I thought... but from the way it was reported, I thought that they were both sunk? The report went along the lines of "DJ Carey and Sarah Newman's company folded with losses of two million euros".. which gave the (possibly false) impression that she was indebted by the company as well..

I tell you though, if yer man had used that "female gardeners generally dont like using DIY tools" with Sarah, she would have immediately declared herself out and sulked for the rest of the show..

ill never forget the sulking she done when her age wasnt within the target market of one pitch

I'd say he will tear the web hoster a new ring in the morning..

that growrings website is up now.. maybe it just wasnt able to handle the volume of traffic... ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Just tried Growrings site but it's crashed again.

I think the idea of the treasured memory boxes is good but surely to God she could get them made in Ireland.

Advertisement