Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw 5 series modifications

Options
  • 15-02-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know of anywhere that does good paint work cheap? I plan to bring in 3 520d 's in from uk and have them sprayed white and add m sport kits and 19" 535 wheels. so anyone you know that source these wheels and kits cheap pls let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

EPjnr wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone know of anywhere that does good paint work cheap? I plan to bring in 3 520d 's in from uk and have them sprayed white and add m sport kits and 19" 535 wheels. so anyone you know that source these wheels and kits cheap pls let me know.

Whats your location? That might help narrow places down so people can give you a more accurate answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Buy cheap from the internet. Buy replica alloys etc. I suppose someone will cut you a deal if you get a 3 cars sprayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EPjnr

living in limerick at the mo, taking up a new job in Derry next month and from Roscommon/galway border. If the rates are good enough i'd be willing to travel anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Don't bother doing it up the North, the place is a sea of repmobiles and companies like autoalloys.com roll out another every day. 5ers, 3ers, A4s, Passats. Fierce market IMO.

nice m5 reps or even 535 rep in white are quite rare in the republic... so i want to start getting on this before they become like the a4's down here ... they are everywhere! ive looked at a few m5 reps down here and they are getting over 20k. and hard got in 520, usually 3.0l which is killer on tax. i want to get 3 r 4 520d's in white asap and try put them on the market down here for 15k-17k. Is there that many in north ? i didnt come across many for sale. whats the best site to look for cars for sale up north, autotrader?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Would it not be a better idea to try and track down three White cars to begin with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Good luck with your venture, but don't expect to make a huge (if any) profit from it.

white 520d 's in the price range i'm looking are almost impossible to get.

well, i made plenty on the a4's when i was bringing them in. and any other car i brought in. i have a better feeling about the bmws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Personally I would not buy a car that was sprayed a different colour but I must agree with you that a white Msport is rare and very nice aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

will the potential profit from this be worthwhile given the amount of work required to do this right?

any chance of a sneak peek or a rough ballpark of figures? i know you probably dont want to give the game away....

• Advertisement

andyseadog wrote: »
    will the potential profit from this be worthwhile given the amount of work required to do this right?

any chance of a sneak peek or a rough ballpark of figures? i know you probably dont want to give the game away....

The OP mentioned he dickied up A4`s before. Prehaps he should consult Tossy that posts here... He wrote a great review on making a A4 felt spec...:D:D. Maybe he can do the same thing to a Bimmer..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

-Corkie- wrote: »
    The OP mentioned he dickied up A4`s before. Prehaps he should consult Tossy that posts here... He wrote a great review on making a A4 felt spec...:D:D. Maybe he can do the same thing to a Bimmer..:D

i look forward to any outcome :)

i dont know if you've read the octane.ie guide to felt spec (or if its the same thing) but its very funny :D

im not really 'getting' felt spec myself :pac:

I didnt do anything with the a4's Corkie , bought them modified in uk, sold in irl. but that involved the guy in the uk that modifed them and sold them on to me making a profit, just trying to see can i cut that middle man out now!
    Andyseadog, not a huge amount of profit involved, just enough to pay the rent :D and i enjoy it. already have two guys that want one each and might keep one myself. heres an example of one selling at 22k
    Full?id=4520198

andyseadog wrote: »
    i look forward to any outcome :)

i dont know if you've read the octane.ie guide to felt spec (or if its the same thing) but its very funny :D

im not really 'getting' felt spec myself :pac:

Same person-Tossy that posts here..:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ive looked at a few m5 reps down here and they are getting over 20k.

nope, they are advertised at 20k but are not selling. there is a white M5 rep on Donedeal since waaaayyyyy before Christmas and it still hasnt sold.

kceire wrote: »
    nope, they are advertised at 20k but are not selling. there is a white M5 rep on Donedeal since waaaayyyyy before Christmas and it still hasnt sold.

I bet you its the one above OY reg. That was advertised twice it had a northern number in the other advert and the car was dearer in one advert for the same car..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I bet you its the one above OY reg. That was advertised twice it had a northern number in the other advert and the car was dearer in one advert for the same car..

spot on corkie, looks sh1t if im honest.

kceire wrote: »
    spot on corkie, looks sh1t if im honest.

Why oh why didnt I go to Templemore 15 years ago. I would be well up as a detective now...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

M5 replicas needs some sort of external speaker/bass combo to replicate the V10 rumble. Otherwise everyone will spot the saddo with the fake M5.

Confab wrote: »
    M5 replicas needs some sort of external speaker/bass combo to replicate the V10 rumble. Otherwise everyone will spot the saddo with the fake M5.

Ya thats true or even worse as someone here found out no 5 series at all..:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Am I the only one who thinks a fake M5 (in white:eek:!) with cheapo alloys and a mock carbon roof is chavtastically revolting?

Fair dues if it turns a bob but the 'drug dealer on a budget' look doesn't float my boat...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

pburns wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks a fake M5 (in white:eek:!) with cheapo alloys and a mock carbon roof is chavtastically revolting?

Fair dues if it turns a bob but the 'drug dealer on a budget' look doesn't float my boat...

Yes not a good look but there will be a big market for this stuff the cheaper the cars get. I dont agree with changing the colour of any car. Also, will they be getting fully resprayed, i.e. engine bay etc - Id image the cost of doing this properly would make it uneconomical.

Haha!! funny guys!! well tbh i just wanted a white 520d with a decent set bmw wheels . I wasnt trying to convince anyone it was an m5, ( a 22yr old with an m5 would raise a lot of eyebrows in my home town)
    the one in the photo above wud be a little too much for me! but the people that spend stupidly on cars are usually the ppl who go for the kind of car above! throw on a badge on few other things and their gone running to the credit union for another loan!made a lot of money out of them over the years! I might just go for the 2 that ive orders for 1st, they're giving me a deposit up front, so risk free!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Haha!! funny guys!! well tbh i just wanted a white 520d with a decent set bmw wheels . I wasnt trying to convince anyone it was an m5, ( a 22yr old with an m5 would raise a lot of eyebrows in my home town)
    the one in the photo above wud be a little too much for me! but the people that spend stupidly on cars are usually the ppl who go for the kind of car above! throw on a badge on few other things and their gone running to the credit union for another loan!made a lot of money out of them over the years! I might just go for the 2 that ive orders for 1st, they're giving me a deposit up front, so risk free!

Where do you advertise?
    How did you get orders?...or are they mates?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

would you not just be better off finding a few M sports and trying to sell them on a good honest 520d M sport will get a better price then a felt spec one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The guys who do our bodywork (and fit a lot of high end kits) priced us for turning 530d SE in to an M-Sport lookylike, to see if we'd get a better price for it.

Done properly, with the BMW M Bumpers and wheels, you are looking at €3,500 - €4,000. That's bumpers etc painted to the colour of the car. After that you're left with an SE (crap seats and steering wheel) with an M Bodykit. Might increase the resale value by a couple of grand (if you're lucky), but no where near enough to make it worthwhile.

I also priced up just the body bits for a strange customer who wanted a 318i ES with M-Sport kit (but not wheels). Well over €2,000 for the bumpers and skirts, painted and fitted to the car.

not mates one guy is local and the other is a friend of a friend. I started buying cars and selling at 17, never ever once sold a dodge car or clocked a car. So just got a name for it, and people still ring every now and again looking for cars. Sold both standard cars and modified/reps... but have to say better money in the modified one. and way quicker sales. like if you look at that 05 525d that i posted the photo of i could get that car standard in eng for 10k-11k euro incl vrt, he is looking for 22k i think, i'm pretty convinced i could transform a standard 520d to look like that for a lot less. wheels...maybe 600... badges and tints few hundred... and then the big cost the paint... maybe 3000... im only guessing here as i said i bought all previous cars already modified before.

yeah thinking of just getting a few nice black or navy m sports if paint work will cost too much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really hope your customers not reading these forums... As they will feel anal raped.

As for business plan... You did a mistake by comIng here, telling everyone about your plan, your costs, your profit...

If i would be your boss and seen this thread, i would hand in you p45 by now.

Please dont bring anymore felt spec to ireland... I am not a fan of bmw, but even poor beemers dont diserve it... If i will see a white m kitted 520, i will come over to it, give a hug and cry with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Is a white car really worth €3k more? I doubt it tbh. Plus the quality of the paint job on a car like that is very important. An outside spray will not do.

Have you considered offering a vinyl wrap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Here's one for you.

[URL="https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/55584/148316.jpg[/img][/URL]

Looks stunning in the flesh.

Click the pic for more.

Advertisement