Mercedes C220 CDI - electrics and servicing - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

09-02-2011, 12:11   #1
wosheen

Mercedes C220 CDI - electrics and servicing

Hi folks

I have a 2002 Merc C220 CDI. Two questions (perhaps for people who are familiar with the model?)

- does anyone else have problems with the electrics? Seems to be an ongoing thing for me. Latest prob this week is the windows get stuck - was afriad I wouldn't be able to close it in a gale wind last week when thankfully it finally moved! The radio panel also gets dimmer or brighter occasionally. Had a problem with the regulator when I first got it in 2007, but it was under a one-year used car warranty so got it fixed. My repair guy, who only does Mercs, can't seem to find the problem

- how often would you recommend a service? Since it's a 2.1 diesel the tax is a killer for me at over €800 a year so I want to try to trim other costs for it where I can. Was normally getting it done twice a year, do an avg mileage of about 18,000 a year, last had a full service in August.

Thanks for all advice!
Advertisement
10-02-2011, 02:08   #2
Esel
Subscriber

Free bump from thread position 160.
Thanks from:
05-05-2011, 14:13   #3
beardo81

Hi wosheen, sorry not answering your question actually asking one!! What's your opinion on these cars? Lookin to buy one round the same year and wondering what the reliability, running costs etc are like. I know tax is quite high so don't want to have to spend a fortune elsewhere!!
06-05-2011, 00:03   #4
Esel
Subscriber

^ You would stand a much better chance of getting info by doing a search or starting a new thread.
Thanks from:
06-05-2011, 00:04   #5
Alanstrainor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardo81 View Post
Hi wosheen, sorry not answering your question actually asking one!! What's your opinion on these cars? Lookin to buy one round the same year and wondering what the reliability, running costs etc are like. I know tax is quite high so don't want to have to spend a fortune elsewhere!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esel View Post
^ You would stand a much better chance of getting info by doing a search or starting a new thread.
What he said
Thread Closed