Pain medication in Vancouver, Canada. Customs. - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

27-01-2011, 19:05   #1
Adren

Pain medication in Vancouver, Canada. Customs.

Hi there,

I have a cousin over in Canada, and he says that you are not able to get pain medication over the counter at a pharmacy. Because of this I am going to bring over about 4 packs of panadol to him. I will also be packing 4 packs for myself, including nurofen plus.

I am just wondering if they are not available over the counter, will I have trouble bringing that amount of medication into canada in my main bag?

Many thanks.
Advertisement
27-01-2011, 21:14   #2
red menace
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adren View Post
Hi there,

I have a cousin over in Canada, and he says that you are not able to get pain medication over the counter at a pharmacy. Because of this I am going to bring over about 4 packs of panadol to him. I will also be packing 4 packs for myself, including nurofen plus.

I am just wondering if they are not available over the counter, will I have trouble bringing that amount of medication into canada in my main bag?

Many thanks.
is he sure about that?
I have bought both tylenol and generic brand paracetemol over the counter here

Apologies I just read the vancouver bit now

Last edited by red menace; 27-01-2011 at 21:28.
27-01-2011, 22:26   #3
tenchi-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adren View Post
Hi there,

Don't waste your money. I bought a little plastic container of 30 acetaminophen tablets over here. acetaminophen is another name for Paracetamol.

Codeine (which is in nurofen plus) is also available over the counter although the tablets aren't as strong without a prescription.

As for customs, just leave the drugs in their original packaging and you should be fine. Take a pack of each, there's no reason you need to take 4 packs of panadol! Save your money.
27-01-2011, 23:00   #4
ally23

Sorry to your cousin but this is simply not true.
Tylenol is probably the most popular pain killer and is readily available in drugstores and regular stores.
If you really want to bring the panadol, there will be no problem. I came with a lot of prescription meds and there were no questions.
28-01-2011, 01:47   #5
Xiney

Tylenol (brand name) = acetominophen = paracetamol = Panadol

Advil (brand name) = ibuprofen = Neurofen

222s (brand name) = acetominophen with codeine = solpadeine

a bunch of those are probably spelled wrong but you get the idea.
Forum Closed