Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parnell apartments in ladyswell road mulhuddart

Options
  • 27-01-2011 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, i am thinking of buying apartment in mulhuddart, in parnell estate ladyswell road. I have seen the apartment estate and it seems nice and quit. I am aware mulhuddart aint such good area to live in, but i'm just wondering is there any vandelism in the actually apartment estate because there is a fence around the apartment estate and i seen a security guard aswell? if you live in the parnelll apartments, could you give me some insight of what is it like to live in there(adavantages/disadvantages)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dee99

Hi

Firstly, the fact that theres a 24hr security gaurd says it all! I considered buying there too, but came to my sences. I understand how it can be very appealing, with the low prices and nice new appartments/houses, but you'll end up regreting it. As far as I know, the complex itself does not contain any private housing, only social and affordable. If your going down the affordable housing route you'd be better choosing a development which contains a mix of private and affordable.

You cant just live in your house, you have to also live in the area and its not a nice area, theres litter everywhere and I wouldnt see it as being all that safe. But i cant speak from experience as I dont live there, but i do live in Dublin 15 so I know the area quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

dee99 wrote: »
    Hi

Firstly, the fact that theres a 24hr security gaurd says it all! I considered buying there too, but came to my sences. I understand how it can be very appealing, with the low prices and nice new appartments/houses, but you'll end up regreting it. As far as I know, the complex itself does not contain any private housing, only social and affordable. If your going down the affordable housing route you'd be better choosing a development which contains a mix of private and affordable.

You cant just live in your house, you have to also live in the area and its not a nice area, theres litter everywhere and I wouldnt see it as being all that safe. But i cant speak from experience as I dont live there, but i do live in Dublin 15 so I know the area quite well.

Do you know something, I was waiting for this.

There's 24 hr security guards in lots of apartment blocks in Dublin (Santry Cross and Northwood being two examples. I don't live in Parnell but I live quite close to it and visit it once a week to go to my parent and toddler group and it's one of the quietest estates I've ever seen. There's no litter in it whatsoever and there's a playground that's never really busy whenever I see it anyway.

I love how people that don't live in an area can judge it from what they've never seen. Mulhuddart has gotten a bad reputation over the years but it's quietened down a lot. I wouldn't have moved back here if I didn't think it was a good choice for my kids (I rent privately by the way). There are local schools in Tyrellstown including an Educate Together and Mulhuddart National School and there will soon be a secondary school, whenever the government pick their fingers out of their behinds and get it sorted.

There are shops near by and the Blanchardstown Centre is a ten minute walk away. With a Lidl within the same distance in both directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I don't know the specific estate you are on about so I'm only guessing but I'd say the security guard is only there because there is still construction going on? The builder doesn't want his plant or materials getting knicked. It's quite common having security while the builder's still on site, even in so called affluent areas.

Do you honestly think residents in a social/affordable housing scheme could afford their own private security?

It's pretty quiet alright, nice playground, pretty litter free and like a ghost town half the time.
    Security isn't really an issue, like the post before Mulhuddart is getting better slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

It's pretty quiet alright, nice playground, pretty litter free and like a ghost town half the time.
    Security isn't really an issue, like the post before Mulhuddart is getting better slowly.

Thats good to hear. When I moved out of Mulhuddart 3 years ago I couldnt wait to get out of the place as I was so sick of the ASB and criminal damage around my area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement